• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Injecting Xanax

Status
Not open for further replies.

billbuilds

Bluelighter
I have been experimenting with injecting xanax from blotters after being soaked in water. i informed swim that xanax is non water soluble, but will disolve in alcohol.

What effect would you get from mixing a 20:80 alcohol:water solution and dissolving the xanax in that before IV use? Is this an unsafe practice?
'
'

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd recommend against it. The toxicity of Ethanol is much higher when delivered /directly/ into your blood. And if you do by some means /do/ this. Do not inject undiluted alcohol Even diluted alcohol will irritate your veins. And don't IM/SC it or it will most likely cause localized tissue death. Ethanol 10% in water IV'd is a possible treatment for methanol/Ethylene-Glycol poisoning. I'd really recommend against it. It has a great Oral/SubL BA, there is no reason for you to IV it.

Don't do it. Xanax has a great oral BA and kicks in extremely quickly. Nowhere near worth the risk.

Midazolam has a high water solubility. So if you really want to inject a benzo, maybe you should look into that one. It's also one of the more recreational benzo's IMO.

Midazolam has a high water solubility. So if you really want to inject a benzo, maybe you should look into that one. It's also one of the more recreational benzo's IMO.
And also Flurazepam, yet I agree that Midazolam IV'd is much more recreational than most.

I believe the answer is yes. you must make a solution of your benzo of your choice thats mixed with isopropyl glycol that has been diluted with water so you dont damage veins. This is a good question but knowone is giving it a proper yes or no answer if this will work for some odd reason. If there is anyone that can shed light on this method please do:)

Don't do it. Xanax has a great oral BA and kicks in extremely quickly. Nowhere near worth the risk.
This. Xanax usually kicks in within 10-15 minutes when taken orally. Injecting it is just not worth the risk. BTW, SWIM isn't allowed here, just so you know.

Don't revive a year old dead thread especially to recommend something wrong. It's propylene glycol not isopropyl glycol, which does not exist and will lead people to use isopropyl alcohol that should never be used in IV.

Don't revive a year old dead thread especially to recommend something wrong. It's propylene glycol not isopropyl glycol, which does not exist and will lead people to use isopropyl alcohol that should never be used in IV.

This
The solubility is really low and injecting benzos, except the water soluble, is just dangerous and there's no reason to. The oral bioavailability is really high and there's no rush. The only thing is a slightly faster onset, but this can be achieved by taking it sublingually and it's like 10-30 minutes till you feel it if you take it orally, so really no need to inject it.

Status
Not open for further replies.