• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Injecting not working?

Pwns247

Greenlighter
Hello, my pet octopus has tried injecting heroin several times , and each time he experiences the rush that everyone talks about for about 30 seconds, but nothing afterward. Due to this he very much prefers insufflation as it lasts MUCH longer. Is this normal? Or is this just some people and cephalopods? Thanks in advance.

Please don’t do the pet animal/SWIM thing here. It isn’t cute and is doesn’t protect you. Well, I guess it is kinda cute in this case...

But to answer your question, it isn’t unusual to prefer insulfation to IV heroin IME.

And welcome to BL!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've reported you to the authorities for animal cruelty.

Honestly unless we are talking about something like hydromorphone, or cocaine, then the real reason to IV is economics(increased bio availability), I never thought the rush alone from heroin was enough to take up the habit and all that goes along with it.

^agreed. And when it comes to economics, I’d still rather IM than IV. But to each ones own. We all probably know people who prefer injecting heroin IV too.

^agreed. And when it comes to economics, I’d still rather IM than IV. But to each ones own. We all probably know people who prefer injecting heroin IV too.

So you can IM Heroin? I was under the impression that you're suppose to stay away from that, due to the possibility of getting a abscess?

Well, I wouldn’t recommend some IM heroin, but I wouldn’t recommend someone use heroin under any circumstances either.

Over maybe five years of IM use, the only abscess I encountered was when I was using in horribly unsanitary conditions, reusing rigs and such. Im not sure if I just got lucky or not, but I’m not even sure if it’s fair to say I had a serious abscess - the one that developed went away really quick because I caught it early with oral antibiotics.

Again, not suggesting IMing street heroin is a good idea, but using proper HR technique I probably have injected IM 1000+ times after my early time experimenting with it, and didn’t have any issues other than a little bruising and tenderness associated more with IM than infection.

But the worst abscesses I’ve seen from others have been from missing IV shots. The muscle on the top of the thigh would seem a lot more forgiving. But if one isn’t user sanitary equipment or taking care of their body, yeah IM is a horrible idea.

Actually it’s a horrible idea to IM or IV street drugs period, but such is life as a heroin user.

Ftr IMing pills is a horrible idea. None of this is meant to imply IMing cocaine or methamp is safe or possible. Pls don’t even try to IM aforementioned substances!

And also ftr, only reason I IMed heroin was because I didn’t have any money and was desperate. I would have preferred insulfating or plugging, or even smoking which I hate.

Yeah, you really shouldn't be trying to IM anything that isn't manufactured for such a purpose. You can get away with it if using the proper filters, at least as small as 0.2 microns(will remove particle contaminants but not all bacteria) , 0.02 would be better, but that doesn't make it risk free by any means.

And really, once you start shooting, your tolerance and habit is going to jump up another level so you can throw any potential cost savings out the window, you'll literally just be doing it because that is the fastest way to stop WDs when you wake up.

Ok, well, I wasn't sure about the SWIM aspect as this is my first time posting in a site like this. But thank you for the responses. I suppose I'll just chalk it up to personal preferance/everbodys different.