• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Injecting Ice

Charcro

Greenlighter
Why does my arm hurt above my elbow, closer to my shoulder, after I do a shot. The vein i use when this happens has not been over used. I actually just started using it. None of the shot is missing and Im feel the shot like normal. A few seconds after I do the shot my upper arm hurts for a few seconds and slightly burns.

You have used a vein that has a spot that is is weak. Change sites it is leaking out into the tissues and could cause necrotic(tissue killing) effects. Use warm compress to the area further up the arm that hurts three times a day for two to three days to increase the absorption of the leaked fluid so that it has less time to hang around and do damage.

You have used a vein that has a spot that is is weak. Change sites it is leaking out into the tissues and could cause necrotic(tissue killing) effects. Use warm compress to the area further up the arm that hurts three times a day for two to three days to increase the absorption of the leaked fluid so that it has less time to hang around and do damage.
This may seem like a dumb question but what would cause the vein to be weak right like that? Ive only used it a couple of times and never in the higher up part of my arm. Curious if tying off would cause it?

Absolutely a tourniquet could cause damage if applied too tightly or too often in the same place, Place the tourniquet about 2-3 inches above injection site. Do not place in same spot repeatedly at least in a short duration once every other day or longer between tourniquet placement. It should be snug not tight. Be sure you don't feel numbness or tingling and you limb should not change color (white or more pale/pink/purple/blue/darker skin tones gray) with application. As soon as you get your flash of blood and know you are in the vein remove the tourniquet.