• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Injecting heroin #4 without a wheel filter?

TSLexi

Bluelighter
Hi guys!

I've ordered some wheel filters, but the company was out of stock, so it's going to take a while for them to fill my order. Can heroin #4 be injected without a wheel filter? My diluent is bacteriostatic injection solution.

Thanks!

Can't you look at local pharmacy store for micro filters (I presume 'wheel' filters are microfilters.)? Here one can buy them at same places which sell or exchange syringes, needles etc. They are pretty cheap (~30 euro cent), but probably also subsidized.

I'm in the US, you can only get filters online, and the needle exchange is only open on Wednesdays, and it's way out of the way.

Micron/wheel filter use in FL is extremely low. The fact is while sometimes using a cotton or qtip shouldnt be done, its a fact of life and can be made safer (still not good to do regularly) by sterilizing the injection site with thoroughly clean hands and using a clean water.

^In my two years of being on the street and living with tons of different junkies in the bay area, I never met one that had heard of or used a micron filter, sadly, especially since the heroin there is so fucked up that they could really use 'em. But yeah, I've shot dope for nearly ten years, and only used a micron filter for a period of a month or so, which was great, and I'm sure it could've prevented many cases of cotton fever/dirty shot syndrome, and probably could have saved a lot of my veins, but the point is, I'm still alive. Heroin #4 is in itself not very harmful to inject, it's what they sometimes cut it with that can cause problems, especially if you're dealing with tar, I've known dealers to cut tar dope with shoe polish.