• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Injecting Fentanyl (merged)

What do u mean "buccally"? I'm an IV user but hesitant to object fentanyl. I take 8 mg subutex daily, but I want to dose some of this 50mcg/h gel patch of fent on Friday morning as I have a UA every Monday. Is buccally similar to sublingual? Hope this reply's correctly, I'm new to BL and using my phone to post. One love

"Buccally" means applying between the cheek and gum. There are folks who do this with fent patches, or sections of them.

Still very dangerous, though.

WARNING!:
Just to point out a very common and potentially lethal error I see in many, many, many fentanyl threads all over the web: confusing (whether through lack of knowldge or simple typographical error) micrograms (mcg, or μg) with milligrams (mg). One milligram = 1000 micrograms. milligram is a thousandth of a gram, microgram is a millionth. BIG difference. A Fentanyl patch of, say 100 μg is meant for a 72 hr continous dose, banging it in one shot is most likely a blue-lip special unless you have an enormous tolerance. Fentanyl doses are measured in micrograms. (Fentanly is one of the very, very few drugs besides LSD that is active on the μg dosage level).
Please be very careful when making recommendations or doing the math of dosages.
Remember, it's easy to do a little more if you're not high enough, but it's really hard to take some out once it's in your vein and you've stopped breathing (unless you have a friend with a syringe full of Narcan standing there)..
Stay safe,
--Bozakium

Last edited:
Initially I was prescribed fentanyl 50mcg and that first day was horrible coinciding I was kicking a pretty high tolerance of morphine so slapped another patch on my arm and the withdrawals went away but I was still in some pain tomorrow I go in for breakthrough meds and to up my dosage to the 100s does anybody have any recommendations on what's a decent breakthrough med to go with the patch my tolerance is pretty high and my insurance won't pay for oc...Thx

Initially I was prescribed fentanyl 50mcg and that first day was horrible coinciding I was kicking a pretty high tolerance of morphine so slapped another patch on my arm and the withdrawals went away but I was still in some pain tomorrow I go in for breakthrough meds and to up my dosage to the 100s does anybody have any recommendations on what's a decent breakthrough med to go with the patch my tolerance is pretty high and my insurance won't pay for oc...Thx
There are 30mg oxycodone generic instant release available in the US for pretty cheap, they work great!

I have mixed fentanyl gel with water and injected it and didn't get high,, maybe feeling of drunk ness? But you need to use vinagear for it to work, when in did that, a tiny drop of fentanyl gel and vinagear made me high I passed out, dangerous and don't recommend it..

Dont like the I/V but want to get the most out of your fent gel? Under the tongue and inside the jaw are ok but to wasteful.
This is my unique invention but I invite readers to improve on it or make suggestions.
My patches are 50mcg/hr which has a total of 5mg of fent. I use 1/2 a patch of gel, add about 2 drops of DMSO, 3 drops of 100 proof and use a little plastic spatula spread it over my belly, covering an area about 8 times patch size. Next I quickly cover with a larger part of cellophane wrap to prevent air exposure.
I gave up shooting dope over 20 years ago so I don't miss the feeling of getting high in 5 seconds. My way takes about 2 minutes and the horrible pain I get the patches for is way gone and the euphoria is the best !
Being a responsible, productive junkie, I do this only a couple of times before giving it a 3-4 day break and making due on my 4 30's a day.

Anyhow, I have been reading this site for a few years and finally decided to jump in.

I have this friend who has been I injecting 80mg fentanyl pills, (she started with Meth but snorted fentanyl pills first, tried Meth out of curiosity) thought shooting fentanyl would be huge rush but wasnt. She had bumps from shooting in arm so had to move to different spots. Its hard for her to draw any blood out, also the hard bumps...is she missing? Because even when she gets blood she gets a hard bump, it a really painful, red, hot spot.
Any help to this would be appreciated.
Also with shooting an 80mg pill and still no rush ...what gives, she can't snort a whole one w/o puking, so why no rush from shooting?

Last edited:
Fentanyl isn't really noted for providing an intense rush like heroin does

I have a huge tolerance as well but snorting and injecting are totally different tolerance wise..

Hey.

I've got some Fentanyl Injection Ampules, 0.5 mg per ml, containing two ml each.
How should it be dosed for IVing a person w/o opiate tolerance? Is fentanyl really a decent choice for one's first opiate experience, from what I've read, it's said to give hardly any euphoria...

Furthermore, if you don't kno what to expect from opiates, is this substance going to satisfy the consumer considering recreational purposes?

Also, isn't a first time IV user going to throw up during/after injection? I heard that happening a lot, at least with H.

Without a tolerance completely forget about fentanyl. I know the post is very old. This is advice for someone thinking the same thing in the same situation.

Highly stupid and irresponsible to take fentanyl if you've never done opiates before.

It kills people with huge tolerances so... I don't think anyone should help an opiate naive person with IVing fentanyl. IVing! The most dangerous ROA of all as well.
Do it only if you're trying to die.

I have seen someone knowledgeable with chemistry and with accurate scales as well as a huge tolerance to opiates die after ODing on IV fentanyl.
Fentanyl is only prescribed to people who have been on weaker opioids and found them ineffective. For weaker opioids I'm talking about stuff like oxycodone, hydromorphone etc. Already pretty powerful stuff. That should tell you why taking it as your first opiate is crazy.

Last edited:
I have taken a 100mcg gel patch of fentynal and drew it up in a needle (all of it) and shot up the whole thing. I've done this multiple times. This was a couple years ago before fentynal was in the news even and I'm not dead. I hear of people dying or Od'ing all the time. What I've heard is I should have died or at least had an OD. So what's the deal? Am I not human? Was my tolerance that crazy or was that not really a lot of fentynal like I thought?

Without a tolerance completely forget about fentanyl. I know the post is very old. This is advice for someone thinking the same thing in the same situation.

Highly stupid and irresponsible to take fentanyl if you've never done opiates before.

It kills people with huge tolerances so... I don't think anyone should help an opiate naive person with IVing fentanyl. IVing! The most dangerous ROA of all as well.
Do it only if you're trying to die.

I have seen someone knowledgeable with chemistry and with accurate scales as well as a huge tolerance to opiates die after ODing on IV fentanyl.
Fentanyl is only prescribed to people who have been on weaker opioids and found them ineffective. For weaker opioids I'm talking about stuff like oxycodone, hydromorphone etc. Already pretty powerful stuff. That should tell you why taking it as your first opiate is crazy.
Its like iving death not that im on a pedistal because if i had nothing but fetanyl it wouldn't even be a question but I would be very very careful