• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Injecting drugs IM instead of IV? Risks / benefits?

CantTrustEM

Greenlighter
Hi I'm wondering the risks associated with IM drug injection. Mainly the drug would be subutex / heroin run through a micron wheel filter ran through sterile water (0.9% alcohol).

Also, it is possible to inject amphetamine paste? How would one prepare it for shot? Cause no way in hell I'm shooting up vinegar or lemon juice... I like my eye sight too much.

what about Etizolam? How can I IV that as it is not water soluble? Could I put it into a bottle with steroid oils and inject both? Thanks

Do not inject any drug any way other than iv. Snorting would be more effective than injecting into ur muscle and that's just no. Iv never had amph paste but i would mix with water mix well filter. I crushed up adderall beads with a c clamp along time ago like a dumbass and shot it. Cotton filtered of course. Worked I got hi but it was stupid thinking bak. Asf. Don't try an shoot any benzos u will waste WAY MORE thm eating or melt under ya toungue . peace

Do not inject any drug any way other than iv. Snorting would be more effective than injecting into ur muscle and that's just no. Iv never had amph paste but i would mix with water mix well filter. I crushed up adderall beads with a c clamp along time ago like a dumbass and shot it. Cotton filtered of course. Worked I got hi but it was stupid thinking bak. Asf. Don't try an shoot any benzos u will waste WAY MORE thm eating or melt under ya toungue . peace
Why not inject IM? Any reasons?

IM is way more effective than snorting most drugs, and pretty safe if done correctly.

IM injection of anything other than medication that's prepared by a state health ministry or a pharmaceutical company for this purpose is always risky. There might be serious complications if you IM substances that aren't very clean or that has particles which you can't see. It's not worth losing a limb or getting your blood infected which can become fatal.

As far as I am aware the only thing safe for IM is steroids and ketamine.
I was always told never IM speed paste. I've IVd it plenty of times. Just mix with water in a spoon heat a little from the bottom and pull up through a filter. You can get about 3-400ml in a 1ml easily, up to a gram if you heat it alot and are prepared to shoot it quick before it solidifys.

Or are you saying you can't IV? If so, why not?

I never understood why anyone would IM any drug on purpose. Street drugs have unknown cuts and not only will it cause pain/discomfort it is like asking to get an abscess. You better off sticking with IV or a different ROA all together.

IM injection of anything other than medication that's prepared by a state health ministry or a pharmaceutical company for this purpose is always risky. There might be serious complications if you IM substances that aren't very clean or that has particles which you can't see. It's not worth losing a limb or getting your blood infected which can become fatal.
This. A pure dose of just about anything (bar some exceptions which don't concern recreational drug users; worth noting that some things, like Valium, have very funky IM absorption rates, but injectable Valium is hardly a common thing on the scene although at least formerly available from some of the old school pharmie vendors) will work and be safe. Some things can't be IV'd safely (like Atarax I.M. preparations) actually. The problem is that with IV injection, the substance goes, for better or worse, into the bloodstream and is diffused broadly very quickly. IM injection by definition isn't diffusing so quickly, and contaminants and impurities very easily form abscesses which can get out of hand rather easily. Even sterile preparations improperly injected can cause sterile abscesses. Injecting pills or street drugs IM is a good way to lose a limb or at the very least get an unsightly scar at the tail end of a nasty fever and disgusting wound. Just don't do it. Wheel filters theoretically should give you something serviceable for injection either way IM or IV but I'd still steer clear of anything that isn't prepared for injection specifically (i.e. pharmaceutical stuff in vials), seems too likely to get stuff you don't want and creating an abscess, even a sterile one, which isn't fun either.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that if you take care to keep your drug solutions particulate free and sterile (boil & then micron filter), you should have no problems at all. IM is easier and quicker to do than IV, gives effectively the same BA as IV, and kicks in only slightly slower (5-10 mins max). As a bonus it will last a little longer than the "peaky" effects of IV. Many drugs are given IM (ketorolac, morphine, vaccines, ketamine, naloxone, lorazepam, diazepam, atropine, pralidoxime, steroids) - there is no reason cocaine, methamphetamine, MDMA, 2C-x, DMT, etc cannot be injected IM. Use a proper needle, keep the injection site sterile & clean, and stick to big muscle groups. The shoulder or the outer thigh are ideal. I've done it a few times with varying drugs and (ironically) the only time I got an abcess was from a fucking wooden splinter. Food for thought.

If you do get an abcess, get it treated BEFORE it gets all swollen and nasty. If it doesn't resolve in 6-12 hours, go to the hospital. In general, abcesses don't just resolve on their own, and home incision/drainage is both very unhygenic and also painful without local anesthetic. The sooner you get it treated the less hassle it is.

Injecting benzos is a poor idea because most of them are formulated in non-aqueous solutions. When I got a shot of IM lorazepam in the hospital it felt like I was shot by a .22 in the arm. I hear diazepam is similarly awful to inject.

Last edited:
I'm going to go against the grain here and say that if you take care to keep your drug solutions particulate free and sterile (boil & then micron filter), you should have no problems at all. IM is easier and quicker to do than IV, gives effectively the same BA as IV, and kicks in only slightly slower (5-10 mins max). As a bonus it will last a little longer than the "peaky" effects of IV. Many drugs are given IM (ketorolac, morphine, vaccines, ketamine, naloxone, lorazepam, diazepam, atropine, pralidoxime, steroids) - there is no reason cocaine, methamphetamine, MDMA, 2C-x, DMT, etc cannot be injected IM. Use a proper needle, keep the injection site sterile & clean, and stick to big muscle groups. The shoulder or the outer thigh are ideal. I've done it a few times with varying drugs and (ironically) the only time I got an abcess was from a fucking wooden splinter. Food for thought.

If you do get an abcess, get it treated BEFORE it gets all swollen and nasty. If it doesn't resolve in 6-12 hours, go to the hospital. In general, abcesses don't just resolve on their own, and home incision/drainage is both very unhygenic and also painful without local anesthetic. The sooner you get it treated the less hassle it is.

Injecting benzos is a poor idea because most of them are formulated in non-aqueous solutions. When I got a shot of IM lorazepam in the hospital it felt like I was shot by a .22 in the arm. I hear diazepam is similarly awful to inject.
The worst is Thorazine. If you leave that shit in a plastic syringe overnight the plastic starts to deteriorate. It's pH is crazy. Given, often with lorazepam, i.m. all the time. This goes to show that in a sense you're right, the body can be extraordinarily resilient thing to a lot of abuse in the form of drugs. I've actually taken most of the drugs you've mentioned (not cocaine) i.m. (DMT in particular is lovely) but yes, with sterile water (formulated for IM/IV use, in vials) and with a micron filter. I'd agree this is reasonably safe. But it's not something I'd go around promoting, generally speaking, IMing drugs that is. It just is more dangerous than IV use in terms of getting abscesses and worse.

Only inject IM if your drugs come from a medical vial. for example ketamine or morphine. Otherwise forget about, todo many risks associated with it.

The only drug i think is better IM than IV Is ketamine from vials. IV ket hits way tooo fast,last Time i DId it i even forgot i had done it. I WENT INTO THE K LIMBO for 15mins.With IM,you have Time to prepare for the come up. I hate ketamine anywayy:censored::cautious:

I used to get Diazepam 10mg vials which I used both via IM and IV. It wasn't anything special and IM is quite painful during injection. It's definitely useful in case you can't take it orally or you want the effects quicker but other than that, there's no point. I'm just talking about Diazepam though, Ketamine is definitely worth it on the other hand.

Meth into the muscle or anywhere else but a vein stings incredibly, creates giant bruises, and has a high to extremely high chance of turning into an absceas.

Plus IM = no rush....so what would be the point of playing with needles in the first place?

Plus IM = no rush....so what would be the point of playing with needles in the first place?
This is true although with ket sometimes it's nice not to have a clogged/runny nose from snorting silly amounts and hocking up drips but still be fucked up from a jab in the ass or leg. But yeah IV is way better. But it's just dangerous sometimes lol the amount of times I've k-holed before even getting the needle out of my arm I've lost count. And fallen the fuck over. It's nice to IM and actually have time to put the cap back on the needle get it in the sharp bin sit down n get comfortable before drifting off.
Just a shame there is no rush. U can get a rush squirting it up your ass if you do enough haha. But still nothing on the hit of IV. that shit is something else

The last question, about IVing nonwater soluble, alcohol should be easy enough to come by. Soy leitchen works for lipid solubility.

Meth into the muscle or anywhere else but a vein stings incredibly, creates giant bruises, and has a high to extremely high chance of turning into an absceas.

Not true, just a mellow rush that lasts longer than with IV. I’ve been IM injecting heroin with a tiny sprinkle of clear for years now. Learned the hard way about taking shortcuts, now everything is boiled, drawn up through a sterifilt and then through a .22micron wheel filter. Since I’ve been meticulous about this process I haven’t had so much as a sore spot and it’s been about 3 years now. I’m literally the only person I know that goes to these lengths though, but it actually takes up so little of my time now as I make tomorrow’s shots tonight and pack them in my lunch. IM on a regular schedule has the advantage of being able to remain in a level state, no more roller coaster and hours trying to hit. Most people have No clue I’m a heroin addict. I wouldn’t go back to IV if I grew big fat protruding juicy veins overnight.