• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Injected bupe after wellbutrin, bad reaction

SluttyPeach

Bluelighter
Disclaimer: I'm aware that this was a stupid thing to do, but as well all know.. the needle fixation gets the best of us at times. ;)

Alright, used the search engine and found nothing.

I injected about 300mg of bupropion a few hours before injecting ~2mg of bupe, and had a really strange reaction.. it didn't feel like a dirty shot, more like precipitated WD. However, I hadn't done any opiates in several weeks other than the bupe, but have a natural opiate tolerance that never goes away due to past abuse. I'm just wondering if the wellbutrin had anything to do with this?

As I stated above I am not currently dependent on any opiates, this was just for fun. Any and all insight is appreciated.

It probably had something to do with shooting the fucking wellbutrin because there is no reason it should have happened with the bupe alone. You do realize that people shot WB in prisons because they had nothing else to get high on right? This is fucking insane what people are doing. Shooting pills is already a bad thing, but shooting pills that are not even that recreational is just silly. I get the needle fixation but you miss just one time and muscle that WB you will lose that arm. Did you know that? And the same for the bupe but a little less so.

I can't tell you what happened. I would like to point out though that 1 miss wont male you lose an arm. I guess it's a very small possibility, but extremely unlikely.

I've missed before and yes I'm aware of the risks.. had to go to the doctor and get antibiotics for a huge miss. I guess I'm just one of those careless people..
But we shouldn't lie to ourselves, pills or not injecting anything is bad and very dangerous. Thankfully it didn't go into the muscle, my arms are pretty thin and puny anyway, not much muscle to hit lol. I'm experienced with the ol' nasty needle so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Thank you for your advice though.

Anyway I'm aware that the wellbutrin acts on your dopamine receptors, thats why I thought there may be a connection. I've shot wellbutrin and bupe before with no issues but this particular instance was.. awful. I have half a notion of doing it again just to see if the outcome is the same. For science! yeah.. :p

I heard of people doing this when I was in jail but never tried it until I was on the outside.. curiosity killed the peach.

When you IVing WB you demand dopamine from your brain. Imagine a ketchup bottle at a fast food chain, normally throughout the course of the day it gets slowly used and slowly filled back up again. Well imagine one day one person came in and uses all the ketchup in one sitting. Well we all know minimum wage fast food workers are in no rush to fill it back up, hell it wasn't supposed to be empty until this afternoon in the first place anyways! So then somebody else comes along and tries to use the ketchup and they are not getting any out of thing bottle. New guy says "Hey! What gives?!?! Wheres my Ketchup!!" And then the dopamine wars break out. People are hurling napkins, forks, knives, salt, dopamine, a whole mess of other neurochemicals the place is just a mess, and the owner just feels awful, like he just caught the flu. But he cleans up the store goes home and says, boy next time I am going to make sure the ketchup is full before I let anyone else try to use it.

I loved your analogy, lol. It makes sense though, maybe thats why it made me feel bad.. all side effects and no euphoria. Thanks MD, you come across as condescending at times but your insight is always useful.

No more IV Wellbutrin for this fruit.

I try not to be, but just tough enough to really make people think about what they are doing. Sometimes different people respond to my advice differently, I already tried being tough didn't work, so I tried being nice thus the analogy(I tried to make it a little humorous too). I've just been round the block once or twice, and I hate to see people make mistakes I have already made.

I understand but like I said its appreciated. Maybe that shit is melting my brain, can't believe I didn't think about it that way. 8)

Sometimes people have to learn the hard way though, which unfortunately can lead to death or other undesirable outcomes. That's why this website is so important!