• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Initial Dose and ReDose question..

who?ami

Greenlighter
I would like to share my experience with dosing and have a question for whomever would like to share their experience/ thoughts.
*not talking about pills but actual MDMA powder/crystals

In my experience, taking an initial dose of 100~150mg is good for a starter and I like to then redose about 2 hours afterwards and ultimately get a much harder peak/roll that usually lasts me about 3 hours. MY question is what is a good initial dose and redose? Assuming the MDMA is straight from the chemist at roughly 80%

My last experience I took an initial dose of ~150mg. Within an hour and half (ate a meal an hour before, most likely had an effect I think) I was yawning and experiencing a come up that didn't ever seem to fully kick in. I then proceeded to redose ~3 hours later another 200mg. About 30 minutes after the redose the peak was incredible and lasted 3 hours.

Is there a better way to go about this.. should I start smaller on initial and keep the redose where its at or vice versa?

Any input is appreciated

quote from PiHKAL:

In clinical use, largely in psychotherapeutic sessions of which there were many in the early years of MDMA study, it became a common procedure to provide a supplemental dosage of the drug at about the one and a half hour point of the session. This supplement, characteristically 40 milligrams following an initial 120 milligrams, would extend the expected effects for about an additional hour, with only a modest exacerbation of the usual physical side-effects, namely, teeth clenching and eye twitching. A second supplement (as, for instance, a second 40 milligrams at the two and a half hour point) was rarely felt to be warranted. There are, more often than not, reports of tiredness and lethargy on the day following the use of MDMA, and this factor should be considered in the planning of clinical sessions.

Personally I take about 120mg starter dose and then redose with ~50mg about 1.5-2hrs later.

I can relate to initial dose but for some reason I thought in order to get the "greater" experience you needed to take = or more than initial dose second time around.

Maybe its because I like to chatter my teeth and wake up with the sides of my tongue chewed on and painful lol

I think the first dose is the most important, it will release most of the serotonin anyway. So taking 80mg at first and then redosing with 140mg for example won't work so good.

I'm thinking of 140-160mg initial dose next time I roll, I want to get some rush. 120mg seems to come up so mellow every time that I want to feel some of that rush I got when I took MDMA for the first time.

Yes I have never had an initial dose less than 100mg, but usually a higher redose than initial dose and for me it makes for an intense roll.
The only time I have failed to get that "rush" (i call it "push" lol) is when I have taken methylone looking to gain same effects. Won't ever do that again- had a horrible experience of taking 100mg every hour for a whole night trying to get that MDMA push that obviously was never coming, when 7am came around, life was unbearably miserable.

So.. if your feeling ballsy, try 150 mg followed by another 150 mg after a couple hours as that has never failed me. Makes for a great 6/7 hours
I was just reading an older post and someone had a good analogy.
Taking MDMA is like a graph that goes up curves in the middle and heads back down. So the way I figure is the more you take on the come up, the higher your peak will be on the chart, but then again will most likely be in store for a bit of a harsher come down.

To each their own

But keep in mind I am not very aware of the science behind it all so everything I say is just based on experience.

I'm thinking of 140-160mg initial dose next time I roll, I want to get some rush. 120mg seems to come up so mellow every time that I want to feel some of that rush I got when I took MDMA for the first time.

I've found that the initial rush doesn't come back, it seems to be something confined to when you're very new to MDMA. I'm pretty much the same in that the comeup is very mellow, off 120 or 150mg doses, so i'm not sure if it's dose-dependent. I've never really tried higher initial doses (180-200mg), apart from accidentally when I was drunk, so I have no real comparison. These higher doses certainly caused anxiety on the comeup though, but the rush was kinda there from what I can remember (alcohol & MDMA is not easy to remember what's happened).

@OP You've got things the wrong way round. If you want to blitz your head off, start with 200mg and then re-dose 60-80mg. The re-dose should always be less than the original dose, as it only serves to prolong the experience and not increase the intensity. The intensity will be determined, primarily, by how high your initial dose is. But of course if you take high re-doses (100mg+) they will also increase the intensity, but it may be undesirable and significantly increase the comedown.

Good info. Will keep in mind for next time around.
I am going to go with ~200 followed by ~50, I like my face on the floor when I roll 8o

JWills20: so taking 150mg for starting dose would be a waste? hmm.. Maybe I'll try that anyway, 160-180mg or something how I react to it. Never had any anxiety on the come up, other than "when it's gonna kick in? is it gonna work?" and then it hits me..

What would be a nice dose for a nightclub? not a rave, just a normal night with some drunk people. I dont want to look too fucked up but have fun.. 100-120mg?

As for getting that rush,

I have never got that extreme euphoria from the first days of rolling but I haven't taken more than a 4 month break from it (I know I'm only hurting myself), but after this time I can imagine I am going to be taking 6 -12 off before giving it another go in the event I do.
I still most definitely get the intense roll with euphoria but nothing like that extreme euphoria I did the first 3/4 times

JWills20: so taking 150mg for starting dose would be a waste? hmm.. Maybe I'll try that anyway, 160-180mg or something how I react to it. Never had any anxiety on the come up, other than "when it's gonna kick in? is it gonna work?" and then it hits me..

Not a waste no, I was just stating my experiences 'chasing the rush' so to say. The difference between 120-150mg regarding the rush isn't there for me. I don't get that comeup rush from either. But you should try it at least, it might happen. I've been doing this for 2 years and a few months now, I'd imagine you're newer to it all, so give it a go.

What would be a nice dose for a nightclub? not a rave, just a normal night with some drunk people. I dont want to look too fucked up but have fun.. 100-120mg?

I wouldn't take MDMA in that setting. I think you'd be surprised just how much a bunch of drunk cunts ruining your vibe can dull the experience. Not to mention you'll be worrying about being 'noticeable' whereas at raves you can just let loose and look as fucked as you want, because usually the bouncers are not naiive to it, and don't care, plus lots of other people are in the same place as you. Not gunna say you shouldn't do it, I just can't see it being half as fun as a rave. A big part of it for me is sharing the experience with others also on it.

I am going to go with ~200 followed by ~50, I like my face on the floor when I roll

Your face will be well & truly melted. Psychologically prepare yourself for the comeup though, as it could be anxiety-provoking. Once you start feeling weird or uneasy at around 45 mins - 1 hour, prepare for a funny 10-15 minutes till you breakthrough into the euphoria. Enjoy it.

^I've done MDMA 6 times total in 2 years or so. You might be very right about that its shit setting for taking mdma.. I feel that the experience is 100x better every time when there's someone rolling with me. But I've only taken it at home, just once or twice at friends place (and I was only one on MDMA but didnt have to worry about looking fucked up because everyone knew I was on MDMA and had no problem with it)

Yeah.. I guess it's better to save the experience for time when there are other people taking MDMA also. Maybe I get some speed for the nightclub or just get drunk. I don't enjoy these places anyway that much but my friends are going and there's gonna be some good music in this one club.

^I've done MDMA 6 times total in 2 years or so. You might be very right about that its shit setting for taking mdma.. I feel that the experience is 100x better every time when there's someone rolling with me. But I've only taken it at home, just once or twice at friends place (and I was only one on MDMA but didnt have to worry about looking fucked up because everyone knew I was on MDMA and had no problem with it)

That's very moderate usage. I've been taking it about once a month I'd estimate. Sometimes it's more than once a month, other times it's not for 2-3 months. Averages out I guess. Perhaps you don't get that rush because you're only at home, without the flashing lights and loud music.

Yeah.. I guess it's better to save the experience for time when there are other people taking MDMA also. Maybe I get some speed for the nightclub or just get drunk. I don't enjoy these places anyway that much but my friends are going and there's gonna be some good music in this one club.

Well, it's up to you man. Just personally I wouldn't bother with it. I don't really enjoy those places either, I usually find myself getting obnoxiously drunk in some stupid attempt to make a shit situation more enjoyable. It usually ends with a lot of regrets.

That's very moderate usage. I've been taking it about once a month I'd estimate. Sometimes it's more than once a month, other times it's not for 2-3 months. Averages out I guess. Perhaps you don't get that rush because you're only at home, without the flashing lights and loud music.

Well, it's up to you man. Just personally I wouldn't bother with it. I don't really enjoy those places either, I usually find myself getting obnoxiously drunk in some stupid attempt to make a shit situation more enjoyable. It usually ends with a lot of regrets.

Yep, I'm very wary of my brain and losing the magic when it comes to MDMA.. it's something I want to keep special. I've had quality MDMA for months in my drawer and it's been 3 months soon from last time. Gonna roll 2-3 times in upcoming summer and then taking maybe 6 months break or something. Reading bluelight has kept me from dosing often, those comedown threads are really scary read.

I'd like to try it in public place like a nightclub because I've never tried it there, only at home or private places like someones house.. And there arent any real raves around where I live. But time will tell :3

I'd like to try it in public place like a nightclub because I've never tried it there, only at home or private places like someones house.. And there arent any real raves around where I live. But time will tell :3

Travel somewhere. I've gone to raves that are 3-4 hours drive away, always worth it for that loved-up evening of happiness going through to the earliest of hours.