• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids inhaling subutex

Done it all the time while on Subutex. I know it is not healthy to snort pills but waiting 2 times daily for at last 10 minutes for pills to desolve was sometimes too much. Snorting made it more practical.

Snorting buprenorphine I find to be a much more stimulating high than sublingual. I would snort my Suboxone often in a few drops of water

I can't stand the stuff but found if I take about 1/3 of my normal dose I could shoot it without getting 🤢

You know I've been on bupe for like 4 years I've never considered snorting. I take it 3 times a day and with that shit in my mouth for half an hour (ideally) every time it gets very inconvenient. I'm sure I'd have to snort around 4-6mg to feel anything... and thats quite a lot of pill.

When I was on suboxone strips I had been on them couple years and then decided to taper off. Told the doctor I wanted to switch to the pills for the taper and she didn't understand why but luckily agreed. Tapered down to like 1-2mg a day then started snorting tiny amounts of a crushed pill several times a day. I found the effects from doing this to be more pleasant and consistent then sublingual. For me it was a combination of 'less is more' and I found nasal to be slightly more effective. This was the point when I enjoyed suboxone the most, so much so that I almost reconsidered my taper but I did continue and eventually got off it.

When snorting subutex do it lightly so it stays in the nasal cavity and gets absorbed through your nasal membranes (not sure on the right scientific wording) but yeah dont suck back on it or the back drop cause then it just ends up being swallowed and lowering the bioavailability like just swalowing the tab, even bucco has a higher bioavalibility if i remember correctly. Plus there is abit of rush when snorted. But no IV exp

Guess I’m a bit new, just getting of the oxy gels that have been a habit of maybe just under a year. Reading on about peeps using 160 mg oxy a day and I think daaammmnnn. I thought two 20 gels a day was a lot. Anyway got enough tex to go a while if i do it right. Very informative here, thanks.

@2365ny be sure ur fully in withdrawals when u do take the sub or it will throw u in worst wd hell ur ever been to pushing all the oxy out of ur system

When I was on suboxone strips I had been on them couple years and then decided to taper off. Told the doctor I wanted to switch to the pills for the taper and she didn't understand why but luckily agreed. Tapered down to like 1-2mg a day then started snorting tiny amounts of a crushed pill several times a day. I found the effects from doing this to be more pleasant and consistent then sublingual. For me it was a combination of 'less is more' and I found nasal to be slightly more effective. This was the point when I enjoyed suboxone the most, so much so that I almost reconsidered my taper but I did continue and eventually got off it.
Isn't it that bupe is one of those substances that has better/more favourable effects with lower doses and starts to lose effaciousness for postive effects over negative effects?

That's what I've read about it at least via reported experience and studies etc.