• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Inhalers and Opiates/Benzos?

Chronicpain54

Bluelighter
I was reading the Megathread on Dangerous Drug Interactions and saw a couple of references to inhalers.

I use Albuterol and Symbicort (budesonide and formoterol fumarate dihydrate).

my prescribed meds are Methadone, oxyIR, Norco, klonopin, Gralise, (anextended release form of gabapentin), plus promethazine and Zofran as needed. I also occasionally smoke weed if I have it, but only two drags from my one-hitter. Oh, I use Relpax during bad migraines also, and use 50mg promethazine suppositories to help the nausea.

The inhalers are essential because I lost part of a lung to the flesh eating virus almost 2 years ago and was in a coma and hospitalized for over 2 months. My prescribed meds have been taken for years and I'm not worried about ODing on them because I don't take more than I'm prescribed. But do my inhalers cause any problems? I just had to start using them in the last month or two because that lung is in bad shape.

I realize I'm in kind of a unique situation and other people may not take the pharmacy worth of meds I take, but if anyone knows of a real interaction could you let me know?

I've researched but found nothing obvious.