Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ingesting tiny cubes of Cacti flesh

Will miss Tram :(

Bluelighter
Fresh or dry, both will works,
Dry takes longer to kick, but has less taste during ingestion.

Some kitchen device like Nicer-Dicer will work wonders for slicing the Cacti flesh.

I'm in a hurry to try it =D, and compare it against "ingesting dried powder in capsules", in terms of onset, duration, and potency.

Has anyone tried it before?

OPTIONAL:
freeze (-28 degree) then fridge (1 degree) for at least 10 times, to destroy the cell wall and increase release.

Last edited:
I wouldn't. Dried and extracted it's already a lot of material and the process isn't difficult. Unless you like throwing up, I'd at least slice, oven dry, grind, and extract via iso. I had a spectacular trip that way with no vomitting.

Yeah ingesting raw cacti is rough. Extracting it is so easy and a much easier/nice experience.

I did it with great success....My friend and I cubed up about two feet (core removed) and put on the table in a bowl..we broke out the cards and started playing poker. We just fed on the cubes from the bowl like grapes....it was very interesting how it kicked it.....seeme to hit visually first...maybe because we were so visually focused on the game and not on our bodies that we were some what mentally detatched from our physical sentations...normally psychedelics hit me phsycally before visually...was a very pleasnt way to do it. I enjoyed the experience

I wouldn't. Dried and extracted it's already a lot of material and the process isn't difficult. Unless you like throwing up, I'd at least slice, oven dry, grind, and extract via iso. I had a spectacular trip that way with no vomitting.

How exactly would you do that and how much cacti, (san pedro) would be required for a good trip?

What is iso extraction?
Does it extract the full spectrum of all active compounds besides mescaline? (I hear pure mescaline feels not as nice as the cactus)
Yeah ingesting raw cacti is rough. Extracting it is so easy and a much easier/nice experience.
Did the experience's duration and quality differed with extraction?
I did it with great success....My friend and I cubed up about two feet (core removed) and put on the table in a bowl..we broke out the cards and started playing poker. We just fed on the cubes from the bowl like grapes....it was very interesting how it kicked it.....seeme to hit visually first...maybe because we were so visually focused on the game and not on our bodies that we were some what mentally detatched from our physical sentations...normally psychedelics hit me phsycally before visually...was a very pleasnt way to do it. I enjoyed the experience
Took the cubes raw or boiled/cooked?
Did it decrease the potency?
How about nausea compared to common methods?

ISO extract is a really low grade extraction. I personally found it lack luster everytime I tried it for some reason. D-Limenene extract is full alkaloid though. The duration and effects were the same as eating raw powder except that it became much easier in all senses. Not dealing with consuming cacti, not as much nausea, and a much higher gauge of accuracy because you have nearly pure mescaline so you can say, "Okay I'm going to take 750mgs of mescaline." instead of saying, "Okay I'm going to use X grams of cacti which might contain between X amount or X amount of mescaline....". Plus the D-Limenene extract is really quite simple and everything needed to do it is pretty cheap and easily obtainable!

D-limenen isn't available for me to get.
How about toluene or xylene?
Why's that? It's easy to get! Common internet sales places sell it for cheap. You could do xylene or toluene though it's just got a couple extra steps and actually has items which I feel are a bit harder to obtain in a sense.

What is iso extraction?
Does it extract the full spectrum of all active compounds besides mescaline? (I hear pure mescaline feels not as nice as the cactus)

"pure" mescaline is just as nice as cactus without the nausea of ingesting all that cactus flesh. (If you've ever put dried cactus into water you'll see how it bloats up to 5 times it's original size and gives off all this black/brown gunk. Not the kind of thing you want happening in your gut.

Peruvian torch/pedro only have about 7 other alkaloids apart from mescaline anyway. Peyote has about 60.

I'm not that deep into chemistry yet, but I assume blending multiple solvents into one, can enable us to pull a wider range of alkaloids out of the source matter.
Since:

B-ine alkaloid dissolves better in X-ene solvent, and less in Y-ene, and not at all in Z-ene
S-ine alkaloid dissolves better in Z-ene solvent, and less in X-ene, and not at all in Y-ene
L-ine alkaloid dissolves better in Y-ene solvent, and less in Z-ene, and not at all in X-ene

So a mixed blend of X-ene, Y-ene, and Z-ene is able to pull all the 3 alkaloids in high yield (only my retarded assumption)

I don't know if my assumption works with all solvents and alkaloids under the sun or not
but a babe I knew (a nerdy lab operator) used to distill petrol (using professional lab equipment, DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME) to remove its oily (and probably TOXIC) impurities, and used the resulting crystal clear "petrol" for full-spectrum phytochemical extractions with great success (high yield and full range).

I asked her why all the trouble? you are running a lab!
She replied "Just for the fun of it"

Last edited: