• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Ingesting meth is easier on the body than smoking? True?

ontheupandup

Greenlighter
Tried putting in capsules when I’ve wanted to binge or just licking it up. I have pets so it feels cleaner
But is it really true this is “safer or healthier” than smoking it? Like you’re taking in the entire substance for your body to digest and absorb.. instead of blowing it out which seems quicker?

It is definitely healthier since the process of heating and smoking any substance is inherently more harmful than eating. The lungs are not designed to inhale chemical vapors, and the process of heating a chemical can produce a variety of toxic and carcinogenic byproducts.

Aside from that, it isn't really any less harmful. One could argue that in some ways, eating it may be more harmful than smoked meth due to the longer exposure to meth (it stays in the system for a longer period of time). That said, one usually redoses more frequently when smoking it, so the overall exposure is probably similar.

If you're going to do meth, eating it is the way to go.

Smoking anything (especially meth) isn't good for you. The lungs weren't made to inhale anything other than air.

I've had a few bouts with meth, and during the last one I mostly took it orally and I actually prefer it to any other route of administration because it lasts so much longer than smoking/snorting/shooting (although that's not in my wheelhouse) yet still kicks in fast. I would usually start to feel the effects in ten or fifteen minutes, but it's great because the come up and plateau and are more extended periods of time, as opposed to just doing something like hot rails and going from 0 to 9000 real fast.

Because of this a lot of people, including myself, find it to be waaaaaaaaaaay less reinforcing, and easier to ingest than every other ROA. Once I started taking it orally, I don't think I've even smoke or snorted it, aside from the occasional bump here and there.

Put some in capsules, be safe, and enjoy a nice fun day!