• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Info about Belbuca (buprenorphine buccal)

Toreadores

Greenlighter
Hey guys, my doc wants to switch me next month to Belbuca Buprenorphine buccal. Currently I am on Nucynta and I can say I am satisfied with it. It is not the best recreational drug but it has it's own charm. This Belbuca medicine is relatively new and I can't find good and solid info how it works. Is there anybody who tried it and can enlighten me what to expect. To be easier I will construct few things I want to know about it. Note: I have had experience with most of the famous drugs - Percocet, Oxycontin, Dilaudid, Morphine, Vicodin/Norco, Nucynta (tapendol), Tramadol, Codeine and also Ultra Enhanced Indo (Kratom). I would say currently I have medium opioid tolerance.

1. Can Belbuca be used for recreational purposes (some euphoria or at least some calm/tranquility effect)?
2. If yes, is it possible to be compared with another familiar drug? (like any of these I wrote above)
3. With moderate tolerance, what dose should I take to begin with (to have any pleasant/euphoric feeling I use 150-200mg Nucynta).
4. I've read it works like ER drug, how much time it takes to start feeling the effects (Nucynta starts kicking 20-30 min after I take it)
5. How long does it last?
6. How addictive is compared to the other drugs and how bad are the withdraw symptoms? (I've experienced withdraw with every listed drug and for me Nucynta has the most forgiving withdraw and less addictive than others)
7. Any other precautions I should know about Belbuca? I've read it has a side effect that affects potency and sex desire in a bad way. Is it true?

I am sorry for the long post and list of questions, but if I am about to start taking this drug I want to know any information I can get since there isn't a lot of useful info in internet yet.
Thank you

Look up suboxone or subutex or even buprenorphine. It is an opioid maintenance drug and works well for those purposes. Many people abuse it as well, I wouldn't recommend getting hooked unless you absolutely need to and have constant supply by way of doctor supervision as withdrawal can last weeks on end. Which it sounds like you do. Used properly for maintenance or pain management and not abused it has the capacity to change peoples lives. If abused it can lead people to the same place all opioids can lead people. It is a powerful opioid.

It is a partial agonist opioid and will kick any other currently active opioid off the opipid receptors if you haven't allowed enough time for it to clear your system and cause precipitated withdrawal. Your doctor should be aware of this however and it shouldnt be a concern. Tolerance builds fast but buprenorphine has an unusual capability to hold someone indefinitely at the same dose for years, just ensure not to push your tolerance up and you can get benefit from it for a long time. People who snort or shoot it can evemtually reach the ceiling dose and be completely fucked for tolerance so be weary of that. You shouldnt have issue if used as prescribed though. Bleh. I could add more but im tired.

Hey guys, my doc wants to switch me next month to Belbuca Buprenorphine buccal. Currently I am on Nucynta and I can say I am satisfied with it. It is not the best recreational drug but it has it's own charm. This Belbuca medicine is relatively new and I can't find good and solid info how it works. Is there anybody who tried it and can enlighten me what to expect. To be easier I will construct few things I want to know about it. Note: I have had experience with most of the famous drugs - Percocet, Oxycontin, Dilaudid, Morphine, Vicodin/Norco, Nucynta (tapendol), Tramadol, Codeine and also Ultra Enhanced Indo (Kratom). I would say currently I have medium opioid tolerance.

1. Can Belbuca be used for recreational purposes (some euphoria or at least some calm/tranquility effect)?
2. If yes, is it possible to be compared with another familiar drug? (like any of these I wrote above)
3. With moderate tolerance, what dose should I take to begin with (to have any pleasant/euphoric feeling I use 150-200mg Nucynta).
4. I've read it works like ER drug, how much time it takes to start feeling the effects (Nucynta starts kicking 20-30 min after I take it)
5. How long does it last?
6. How addictive is compared to the other drugs and how bad are the withdraw symptoms? (I've experienced withdraw with every listed drug and for me Nucynta has the most forgiving withdraw and less addictive than others)
7. Any other precautions I should know about Belbuca? I've read it has a side effect that affects potency and sex desire in a bad way. Is it true?

I am sorry for the long post and list of questions, but if I am about to start taking this drug I want to know any information I can get since there isn't a lot of useful info in internet yet.
Thank you

Just look up Suboxone or Zubsolv. I don't think their are too many addicts on BL who would willingly trade a full agonist for a partial agonist unless opioids were becoming a problem for them. From the tone of your post, it looks like you are expecting something similar to the drugs you mentioned. If that is the case you will be disappointed. Have you thought about why your doctor is trying to put you on a partial agonist?

I've been trying to make Belbuca work for me. It's just like low doses of Suboxone or Zubsolv without the naloxone. I find that several of my monthly strips are wasted because they don't stick properly, then I end up being short near the end of the month.

I may have to give them up because insurance will not pay if they are indicated for ORT, though it doesn't sound like you'll have that issue.

Toreadores - Belbuca is weak, does minor pain control even in high doses and have little to no euphoria. I just got prescribed to 450mcg 2/daily. My doc has been steadily reducing my all my meds monthly as I was on 8 30mg IR Roxy's, 3 40mg oxy ER & 25mcg fent patchs daily. So since then I'm now down to 5-6 30mg roxys, and 25mcg fent. My doc is still reducing my meds so they put me on 450 Belbuca and it doesn't do a dam thing for pain or euphoria. It might help avoid withdrawls as I'm lowering steadily down but that's it.
Worst of all I paid $525 for it as my insurance wont cover this med. Complete BS..
So Good luck with everything and let me know if you have any questions. I don't know about sex drive etc.

I think the reason why you're coming up short on information regarding the Belbuca is that it's a relatively new product. The ony way in that it differs from other Buprenorphine products is the route of administration. You shouldn't expect the effects to be radically different from route to route with a drug like Buprenorphine. I would expect it to produce less euphoria/anxiolysis when compared to a drug like Tapentadol (Nucynta). My reasoning behind this is that Tapentadol is actually a full-agonist Opioid, whereas Buprenorphine is a mixed agonist/antagonist.

As a rule of thumb, I would expect to always be underwhelmed when switching from a full-agonist to a partial agonist.

all that i cahn say is that it makes suboxone look like a bitch, thats how potent it is