• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Infection from missed hit? PIC , VERY itchy at times/hard/warm Please Help Thank you!

mike.vick

Bluelighter
Hey so I have had a lump on a vein for maybe 5-8 days from I.V. heroin use that does not match any picture or descriptions that I see. It WAS pretty red today it has lightened up, but it is hard to the touch and extremely itchy at times, and I know I am not suppose to scratch, but I had to ~30min ago for a good hard ~7 seconds all down my forearm and pretty much scratch it at least once a day.

It was a red big circle not to hard, from I guess a missed shot, and, like a dumbass I put a couple of insulin syringes into that area to see if it would draw back any liquid or puss and all I got was about 1/20th of a cc of blood.

NOW it is not a circle of red, but it is a small ~2 cm in all directions of hardness, and this gets hardness increases right over a vein that I was shooting in before this happened a it has two injection marks inside the 2cm area of hardness are right above the vein- this is the "center" of the very slightly raised, slightly harder than the other parts in the 2cm circle of hardness - directly on top of the vein 's injection marks

I've been taking keflex for a few days and it looks much better, did I just hit the vein to close to my other hit or maybe at a vien wall, or vein valve. Or just overused it too close? I thought it would go away by now but its still itchy at times and a bit hard.

P.S. pic is of forearm white circle on it is overall hard-are and black inner-circle is the actuall hardest area right above vein with two hits just about 1cm apart. For perspective, White line is about the sixe of a silver dollar/ half-dollar/ a lil bigger tan a quarter and at it's hardestpit about as thick as a quarte
r
tl;dr Is the hard-circle on my forearm in the pic an infection, 5-7 days and hasnt gone away yet but is musch smaller, White circle in pic is about silver dollar and black is the harder bump, thickness of a quarter, directly over vein that had 2 i.v. shots like 1cm apart.
Pic is included please view PIC first thanks

Thank You and well wishes to all!!
xq9kz7.jpg

Last edited:
That blows........ a vein.............

I'll see myself out. (Sorry, I can't really help you. But that sucks, buddy. Good luck)

/\ so you think it?s just a blown vein. That is not a big deal I think, altough I could be misinformedI always people saw that
Thanks Dude,
To all that reads this, please reply
You guys are great!

It?s lookin better with the keflex and I don?t like docs- plus went ur ago from a miss that caused a larger bump in my. bicep, and he just said to wait 6-9 months and it would heal on its own; And he was right it was gone at 5 months. The first reply said blown vein and I head that was not that bad in general- is that true?
Thank You

Yeah, I would be surprised if it isn't a blown vein. It is essentially like a little vein hernia from perforating the sides of vein or some other tear or ligature. Mine did something very similar and it was only my 4th injection! That scared the shit out of me so I stuck to smoking.... most of the time......... . I would be hesitant to say it isn't a big deal though-- I would keep an eye on it. Watch for it heating up to the touch. It could be a sign of something more serious. Finding another area of the body to inject is a great idea, obvs. If you aren't gently cupping the area with your hand to feel for heat you need to Leave It Alone. But I mean I just panicked and worried about it but I never actually got proper health care so whatever that tells you. Be safe man!

Just saw about the warmth you felt... I mean it is going to have some heat coming off of it because your body is working to repair itself. You want to watch for a heat that would feel feverish not just a slight warmth. But again I don't really know wtf I'm talking about

Thanks again Dude,
On heat;it?s a just lil warmer than rest of my body?s skin,
If it was a collapsed vein then no need for aspirin for blood thinning, right?

Yeah, so it resolved itself for you, right? I?ve blown out several veins and and absess or any staph infection is way worse. But I been taking keflex, an antibiotic. and think that it helps- either that or just time to heal.
And yeah I use my hands most often.
So I feel more comfortable wbout it now.

Hopefully, some comments will be on here when I wake up tomorrow. Good night world.
Thank you everyone!!!

Just make sure it isn't an abscess, I still have a scar from a shot into the top of my forearm (where I used to shoot in 2010) I ended up having to go to a doctor and get them to lance and drain it. It swole up big and was tender. Don't shoot into that area for a while either. I did get a knot on my inner elbow once too and it stayed there for over a month. Wasn't sure if I missed or what. Haven't shot anything in three years now and it is a big relief. Good luck!

Doesn't heroin make you 'itchy and warm' anyway?

My point is op are you sure these effects are not from the drugs effects and not an infection on your arm? Probably be safe than sorry and get it checked with stuff like this you should always get it checked it's not worth losing your arm just to save face.

This looks like an abscess. Talk to your local needle exchange about getting it checked out and treated. If you catch it early enough oral antibiotic will do the trick, but if you don’t seek treatment and it continues getting worse it could lead to life threatening complications and require lancing/IV antibiotics.

Abscess I’ve has luckily cleared up in their own. But if it doesn’t start getting better soon (like less tender to the touch) definitely pls seek out treatment.

Tbh I’m not 100% it’s an abscess, but there are enough warning signs to necessitate getting it checked out.

Needle exchanges and harm reduction clinics or organizations are a good place to get help. You could just go to the ER, but there is a good chance they’ll treat you like shit for drug use. Harm reduction places can help point you in the direction of places that won’t treat you like a subhuman junky piece of shit.