• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

ineffective heroin

fakeit2makeit

Bluelighter
For about a month, 6 weeks maybe the H im getting has pretty much been completely ineffective. Longer really. I switched sources because of a similar issue prior. im on the east coast and I IV. approx a gram, gram and a 1/2 per day.
I take my first shot and that neutralizes feeling like crap, with no real positive effects. i get sleepy (not noddy) for 10 or 20 min after if im lucky and thats it. ill be at baseline, not feeling anything till i redose later, and ill get the same thing. ill wanna go to bed for 10 20 min and thats it.
Now even more recently, a few days, the rush has been either SUCKING or non existent. super aggravating. i try to be careful but i assumed maybe its my tolerance causing the issue. so. i take my "get well" dose which does shit. wait like an hour and a half and redose half of a "get well" dose. i go out for a half an hour. wake up like awwww #&$!. wicked lucky. when i came to i was tired but not high.
so point being i cant seem to get high and its not my tolerance. if i try to take more ill OD. whats going on here???
my guess is fentanyl (or an analougue) is going around. i remember for a little id get a pretty good rush but by like the 45 min mark i would feel like i didnt even do anything. After about 4 hours i might even start feeling shitty again. (no legs)
i have a few subs and im about to just taper off with those because this is all crap!
Anyway. North Easters careful out there. if it is fentanyl this junk kills people, other than that, anyone know anything i dont know?

figure ill just add some info. might help get a reply

wound up able to get a decent amount today, 2 grams right about. really 4 and a 1/2 split. not my guy so the 1/2 goes to the other party. 4 even doses throughout the day. stayed well but no euphoria etc

i did try something that i am having some success with. 600 mg cimetidine tonight, a little while before the last of my stuff.

read this can work so maybe this will be my new thing till things change.

I can only add that after a year of shooting dope the first time, before i got clean round 1 in, by the end of it i was not getting high and it made getting on subs easy. Then I relapsed and it was good for about 3 months before it stopped doing anything good and that made getting on methadone easy lol.

It seems that after a while your body adjusts and nothing but really good dope will get you where you want to be. I dont care to know if that is true or not because it made getting off dope so easy for me and my ex g/f... once it literally stops doing anything other then making it so you can function you get to question the point and then recovery meds fill that function so its easy to switch.

How long have you been taking it? In fact, can you summarise your whole history of opiate use?

It's definitely possible that you're getting bunk shit, but opioid tolerance is known to often be a real insidious bitch and creep up on you when you don't expect it.

thanks for responses

i suspected ive been getting bunk shit til the OD. now i just dont know what to think. did i just OD on cut? is that possible?

Ive also suspected fentanyl has been going around too. The source the H comes from is a pretty elaborate operation so i doubt im getting ripped. starting to feel shitty after a few hours is some gay shit. especially when you work.

years ago i had an oxy habit. maybe 6 years ago for about a year. i sniffed then. the old OC 80s. ending around 160mg a day on the good days.
5 or so years clean minus a night or 2 here and there with various junk. i did so good at "chipping" for so long!
9 10 months ago i "found" an almost full bottle of suboxone (8/2) figured what the hell and got wrecked with a mg or 2 for like almost 2 weeks before the high got lame/went away. (sniffing) by the time i was out i was pretty intent on feeling the buzz again so i grabbed perk30s. once wasnt enough. twice wasnt enough. you know the story. wound up doing oxycodone, hydrocodone, or oxymorphone everyday depending on who i could talk to or what i could find. im just not the h.s. kid with the connects i once was though. habit started to grow and i didnt have the sources to maintain. what i did have was a pretty close friend, IV heroin addict friend. start sniffing dope but you can only sniff dope and watch someone IV for so long. like a week in my case haha. month or 2 later im full blown IV addict status. been on that road 8 months or so. tolerance raised quick. here i am.

it probably is tolerance. i've found that after a while i don't really get high anymore, even if i do more. you can become more tolerant to the euphoric effects than you are tolerant to the respitory depression. it sounds like that's what's happened with you. it's a dangerous situation, and you shouldn't keep doing more thinking you're gonna have to get high if you do enough. you may not be able to get the kind of euphoria you're looking for with the particular tolerance that you have. it may stop your breathing before it ever gives you any more nice opiated feelings.

thanks a bunch. I appreciate the input.
so frusterating. spend so much time thinking about something, and waiting for it. finally make it to that moment annnnnnd. nothing happens.
1st shot of the day is okay because it kills the w/d but even that isnt that great after the thought of ohhhh sweet relief runs through your head. set up. find a vein. register. bang. wait 4-7 seconds. please please please please. ahhhh. cya in the AM anxiety. wait wtf. wheres.....anything.
side note:
personal opinion anxiety IS a PHYSICAL symptom, not just a pyschological one. my withdrawal always starts with chest and lower back tightness and discomfort. this is totally anxiety manifesting physically if you ask me. thats my 1st symptom and tied for my least favorite as well. it gets soooo horrible. ughckkk. soon to follow is muscle aches(calves especially), runny nose/ eyes and the cough. then comes the other 1st place w/d symptom. freezing, sweating, and freezing some more because now your wet. and this totally amplifies the chest discomfort. then comes the bowels releasing. then the nausea. at this point everything just worsens DRAMATICALLY. oh and this all happens before you even get to like the 18 hour mark. i swear if i got into the 36 hour range, id have a heart attack or something.
not just to bitch about withdrawing but these days, it just starts to hit me so friggen fast. i swear id get better relief from a few mg sub. theres just no shot at a rush or anything so my brain just says fuck that shit. I know i can make the switch, but im still stuck chasing the rush and high.