• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Inducing drug metabolism enzymes

VonnegutJunky

Greenlighter
I am on paroxetine 10mg and no longer metabolizing it like I used to-

It builds in my system and every few days I have to skip a dose in order to reduce the effects of this - (at least this is what I suspect is happening)

Just wondering if there is any supplements or medications that can help Induce the cyp450 enzymes -
I know there is one main enzyme that is the metabolized for Paxil, but what I have read is that it's almost impossible to induce the cyp2d6 -

Anything to get the drug out sooner and metabolized would be really helpful - if exercise will work that's fine too- I'll try that - I just don't know if that will really help reduce the amount of drug in my system

Thanks

Trying to induce CYP2D6 is not the solution to your problem -- just try lowering the dose of paroxetine (you could switch to liquid dosing or ask a compounding pharmacy to make capsules containing a low dose). Inducing CYP2D6 can cause problems, such as altering the PK of other medications, or bioactivation of toxins (CYP isoforms are responsible for converting some drugs and chemicals into toxic metabolites).