• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Indoor Grow Questions

bEnZo bUdDyY

Bluelighter
Im soon to have a double wide, 3 bedroom trailor. Now two of the rooms will be grow rooms one veg stage, the other flowering/budding. My questions and problems I am having is the whole venting system ... Now before I begin with a few questions, I have to ask do you even need the ventilation systems/setups or can you just get the lights and grow them in a room??? Also if you do need the ventilation setup does it have to be both rooms, or just the flowering/budding plants. Also does the ventilation have to go outside or can it just go through your house. Then if you do need it what basically do you need too do? Like do you just cut a whole in the side or would it be better to cut a whole in the roof or through the ceiling?..? Please some one help me and possibly walk me through the process as I will be moving into the trailor within a month, and would like to start things as soon as possible. Im getting a nice size lump sum of money, and I love growing marijuana so i figured it would be the perfect investment, ive always grown outside as a gorilla grower, and have a lot of close safe connections mostly family, plus im going to do it all legal, im getting my license so it will be state legal. Also my wife is getting hers too so total legally allowed to have 24 plants... please help me, much appreciated! !!!!!

You'll be best served by getting some professional expertise.

If it's legal where you live you'll want to vent directly outside (probably with carbon filters for the smell though). You do want to vent because without it will get too hot in your rooms (or you'll be running A/C more than necessary, which is $$$).

Salutations bEnZo bUdDyY,

No plans for Integrated Pest Management neither??

Good day, have fun... =D

Having done a single grow.... I'm not the expert ... That would have been the sales staff at the local hydroponics shop. Your going to learn a lot and probably decide to change everything once you understand all the reasons behind everyone's ideas but to start, talk to the staff where you are buying your grow lights etc. They may not be growers but they will steer you in a good direction.

I also got a lot of good advice from the seed store. Originally we were going to be hydroponic but switched to a dirt grow because of the seed choices we made. It was great fun, at least 5 times as much work as we expected and our less than bountiful results were excellent.

I love the warm green room with the dirt smell but we did spend a tidy sum on air cleaning. We found a fairly inexpensive high performing portable called rabbit air out of California. With a room full of flowers you could smell nothing outside or in the house. We used one to filter air before exhausting and one in the main house to catch any drifting odours.

Climate control is a must, bottom line. How and where you vent depends on a few things such as temperature, local laws, and local climate. Like if you live somewhere that is colder than the Viking concept of Hell, then the extra heat vented into the living space could cut down a bit on how much you have to heat your trailer. In many areas though, you are going to likely need some sort of ac to run during the summer months. You might want to look for the video "Never Get Busted Again #2" to see how FLIR works. This is one of the tools used to combat grows in non Canna-friendly areas. In short, the heat of your trailer's walls and a constant heat plume, from the exhaust, emitting from an area that normally doesn't have one is what gives you away, aside from smell of course. Rather than having the guys at the grow shop spoon feed you, look around at the various grow forums and educate yourself. The grow shop people are sometimes good sources of information but what they are really experts in is selling you stuff. Rather than learning how to grow in a Bettie Crocker manner, where you simply buy premixed soil, and add x amount from bottle "A" and y amount from bottle "B," learn how to mix your own soil and brew your own compost teas. The results will be worth the effort.

In short, to make that roll of cash and your efforts go the furthest. Tap the brakes a bit, slow down and learn the craft a little before diving in. Also, specifically, if the area isn't Canna-friendly, venting through the floor or through the drier vent would be the way to go.

Thanks for all the information guys, now another question I live in Michigan it is state legal but what im trying to ask is its about to be winter time here and it gets pretty cold like its the end of October and the lows are already reaching 30-35 degrees ill probaley be moved in abousystem month do you think I could get a good grade A harvest without ventilation due to its going to be freezing and it could heat the house maybe instead of running the gas but ill run it if i need to bet that i aint freezing ... i guess what I want to know is do you all think I could grow some Grade A Marijuana without ventilation due to the fact it is going to be really cold here during nov. Dec. Jan. And even some of Feb. Also im going to buy A Grade feminized seed strains. So is it possible to do this with NO ventilation due to the fact it is going to be really cold out, and if possible just during the summer ill put in some vent systems .... Also do both veg and flowering/budding rooms need vent systems? Or just the flowering/budding room?

But my main question is will I be able to grow A Grade Marijuana without vent systems due to the fact its soon to be below freezing here (Michigan) I could even buy window air conditioners, and the trailer has household A/C....

But if you guys dont think Ill get A grade product even with buying very good feminized seeds without vent systems just let me know, because I do have the funds to get the vent system all hooked up with a carbon filter, I just would basically want to know if I can grow with out a vent system due to the fact its going to be so cold out and could even possibly add heat to the house, which in turn make my gas/heat bill lower which would be cool. Please shed some light and information thank you so much. all this its just so overwhelming right now, i never grew indoors always outdoor.

But anyways I do have enough funds to set up a vent system, and get a carbon filter if needed ... please let me know.

Any one that can help me, please let me know if i can do it this way due to its winter and would heat the trailer, but like I said if I have to buy all the shit/do the work, ill do it and or buy it, just I need to produce grade A bud so read my above post and if you can please help me im going to buy killer strains seeds and feminized please help me thanks.

HPS gets the hottest, so the flower room would benefit the most from extra ventilation.

If your flower room is 400W HPS or less you could in theory get away with no ventilation during the winter months. I've done it here in CO in a basement with no ventilation and got A+ results. I still used a large fan to move the air around but nothing fancy.