• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Indica vs Sativa

Pixies

Bluelighter
So, I'm just curious about this for you guys. But, I personally spent a good amount of time and money, only to finally realize that Indicas*** actually give me anxiety, and Sativas take it away. My whole life, I was told the opposite. Doesn't really matter what Indica strain it is, just spent a long time (because I suffer from pain), being told to ONLY stick to Inidicas for pain, as Sativas will GIVE me anxiety if I already have it (I do with PTSD). Sativas are all I will smoke now, and they keep doing better and better for me, since this realization. Anyone else in the same boat? And no, Sativas don't really give me energy or any "trippy" effects like some claim, either. Just get me relaxed and eventually tired, while at the same time making me forget a little more about my pain issues.

Same thing for me. For me, they also have a weird body high that makes my body numb. I'm told sativas = fun, laughter, anxiety, energy and indicas = eating, relaxation, sleepiness. It's pretty much the opposite for me.

So, I'm just curious about this for you guys. But, I personally spent a good amount of time and money, only to finally realize that Indicas*** actually give me anxiety, and Sativas take it away. My whole life, I was told the opposite. Doesn't really matter what Indica strain it is, just spent a long time (because I suffer from pain), being told to ONLY stick to Inidicas for pain, as Sativas will GIVE me anxiety if I already have it (I do with PTSD). Sativas are all I will smoke now, and they keep doing better and better for me, since this realization. Anyone else in the same boat? And no, Sativas don't really give me energy or any "trippy" effects like some claim, either. Just get me relaxed and eventually tired, while at the same time making me forget a little more about my pain issues.
I'm in the same boat as you fam, as well as having the PTSD. I've been smoking for 15+ years, and have been a medical patient for three years now, and I would have to agree with you. Both Sativa and Indica strains react completely differently than what I've been told by most other people. The first time I tried an Indica for my anxiety, it was not pretty. It just made it even worse, thankfully I was still on medication for panic attacks. Now that my doctor has taken me off the meds, I just keep a decent supply of Sativas on hand just in case. JW but when you talk about smoking different strains of bud, are they 100% Indica, Sativa, or are they Hybrid strains??? Just curious as I've had a few Hybrids that worked for my PTSD, Pain, and Epilepsy. What strains have you tried that you noticed worked for you, and what ones give you negative effects? Just curious as I'm always looking for new strains, especially for the PTSD the anxiety is unreal sometimes as you may know.

What is often called "indica" or "sativa" is actually just a hybrid that leans one way or the other. A pure sativa can take as long as 100+ days to finish flowering, 2 months to cure to perfection, and a shit load of time to trim. I have never seen a pure sativa at a Cannabis shop. That said they are what I prefer. I smoke for mood stabilization. If I have the right sort of stuff with no interruptions in supply for an extended period of time, I start to wonder if I just imagined being bipolar in the 1st place. Then I run out of my homegrown and it comes back... This said, sativas do vary a lot. Some do make me edgy and paranoid. Some are more clear headed and a few rare gems are in fact trippy, not visually so, just sort of like a tryptamine coming on.

However, with indicas or indica leaning hybrids, the real magic seems to only happen if the plants are taken in a more advanced state of maturation, when the secondary cannabinoids have had more time to develop. I have really bad prolonged bouts of insomnia, it is few and far between that I find a strain that really helps, even then it has to be grown right for it to do so. I also have a lot of issues with inflammation which can culminate in migraines. It is the same deal with that.

However, I find that for muscle pain and migraines, psilocybin in sub-psychoactive doses is where its at. Do a search for "psilocybin and migraines" and you will see other people agreeing. Apparently the psilocybin interrupts the biochemical cycle that cause the inflammation in the 1st place.