Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Indian Warrior (Pedicularis Densiflora) + Nitrous Oxide

Mycophile

Bluelighter
So I just tried smoking and vaping Indian Warrior (Pedicularis Densiflora) for the first time.

It is supposedly in the Broomrape family according to Wikiepdia.

I started by packing about 1/3rd of a crucible in my herbalaire vaporizer.

The effects felt very much like a milder version of cannabis, almost like an indica strain, without any anxiety.

The buds look like purple cannabis basically, and smell like raspberries.

After vaping this amount I then packed just a few hits of it in my bowl and was AMAZED at how much it tasted and felt like cannabis.

I went outside and lay on the grass in the sunshine and really felt very tranquil.

I had a few moments of slight anxiety where i started to wonder what was in this stuff, as I had not expected it to work so well.

I would say it was VERY slightly psychedelic, in a similar sense to weed...but with less anxiety and slightly more of a sedating effect without it making me tired.

Music was nice on it, much in the same way as it would be on weed.

I found it very easy to clear my mind, somewhat meditative.

An hour later the effects were starting to wear off so I went back inside and packed another half a bowl of it.

This time the effects REALLY hit me pretty hard at first...I mean I just kept thinking over and over again that this HAS to have THC in it, that maybe someone did something to some weed or some cannabis analog and passed it off as indian warrior as it felt and tasted so much like an indica strain.

I won't source, but the vender I got it from sells many things other than herbs....electronics, clothes, tools...tons of other stuff, and is a major online company, so I can't believe that anyone would have gotten away with tampering with cannabis and selling it through them, but otherwise I'd believe someone might have.

I listened to Pink Floyd as I smoked it and decided to do some nitrous balloons.

I filled a balloon with 3 chargers and inhaled and the synergy felt quite similar to that of nitrous and cannabis...blissful, and looking out my window while on the effects of both was pleasant.

I filled another balloon with two chargers, inhaled it, then immediately chased it with another hit of Indian Warrior and felt a slight psychedelic effect, no visuals, no auditory, but still just sort of an "other worldly" sensation.

I did this one more time, finished the bowl of Indian warrior and put away the nitrous.

It is now 90 mins since I last smoked the indian warrior and I am still a bit high, very relaxed, again, almost identical to a very mild indica strain.

I am really impressed at having finally found a legal herb that DOES feel quite a bit like Marijuanna, though weaker.

I will soon combine it with Kratom + nitrous and possibly alcohol + nitrous on other days and possibly report the effects.

Since I am on an SSRI and a benzo I should perhaps be cautious, but the way that it feels seems to indicate that it's not really a substance of concern, though again, I don't really understand what is in this stuff.

If anyone else knows more about this herb let me know, and perhaps what I am experiencing is partially placebo, but there seems to be something to this plant.

After trying it a few more times I'm sure I'll know if there was placebo involved, and this stuff won't knock you on your ass, but for the first half hour after smoking I was pretty damn high.

My curiosity has been piqued.

Last edited:
yea that sounds like some powerful effects from an herb, but then again you can order MGS/HBWR, kratom, kanna, etc on the web and those have powerful effects as well. may have to check it out. thanks for the report!

^^^^

I wouldn't say it's REALLY powerful it's fairly mild in comparison to most REAL drugs, but it can also pack a punch for about an hour after smoking it and after doing it a few more times now I can say I don't think it's placebo.

I have now mixed it with several other drugs:

The day before yesterday I vaporized some chamomile tea (actually really DOES kind of get you a bit high for 30 mins or so), drank a cup of chamomile and then smoked Indian Warrior and was in a good state...then did some nitrous.

Yesterday I took Kratom all day and while on it I smoked Indian Warrior and did nitrous and some more chamomile out of a vaporizer and it was nice but I think Indian Warrior doesn't mix so well with Kratom because Kratom stimulates my thoughts which I kind of like but the Indian warrior slowed them back down and seemed to interfere with the energy I get from Kratom.

Then at night I took more Kratom and also got drunk on it and after I was good and drunk I smoked more Indian Warrior and did a little more nitrous and I can say it mixed VERY NICELY with alcohol, it felt kind of like smoking weed on alcohol does a little bit.

So far I have had no bad interactions with any of these substances, or caffeine, or my medications which are Klonopin and Prozac, or melatonin which I take at night.

This should be good info for anyone interested in this substance as SO far it does not seem to be very dangerous...at least simply from my own bodily reactions to it...though of course I am still completely clueless as to what is REALLY in the plant and will therefore not be an idiot and start smoking it every day.

But it is promising I think as a MILD relaxant and I am very interested in seeing people with REAL knowledge do experiments on it.

I would like to see some of the mods here who have a strong knowledge of science run some real tests on this herb and see if they can figure out how it works.

Last edited:
Seems a very interesting plant, and it seems to have some medicinal proprieties according to wikipedia

Indian Warrior is used as a tea or tincture to promote healthy immune function and its ability to relax tense muscles. The buds and flowers are often added to tea blends for their color, flavor, and relaxing properties. It is also found to be useful in the treatment of insomnia, as well as having antioxidant properties

If i get my hands on some ill try it myself

I took the liberty to use your trip report in my blog post about this plant, due credit was given