View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Incredibly sensitive to DXM?

Iusethemtosleep

Greenlighter
I took 120mg of DXM recently, it didn't go incredibly well but I'd be interested in trying higher doses in the future. For a few hours, I was weary on my feet, and then I went to bed to attempt to sleep, but lay awake unable to sleep for 6 hours. The next day, at school (it was the last day), I was a bit done and found it hard to walk straight, standing up felt strange and rushed. Why did I get such strong effects from such a tiny dose?

Hmm, I'm not sure why a 120mg dose gave you an afterglow. It is common for you to experience sleep loss, though - I never sleep while I'm on it and if I do, it's not until late in the night. You need to be careful on dosing higher, try a 200mg dose next time and report how it goes. You may be someone who's deficient in the enzyme that metabolizes DXM, causing low doses to have that effect on you. And stick to DXM only products of course!

I believe that to be possible due to the fact that other CYP2D6 drugs have very high effects on me, despite their low dose (namely codeine).
Of course; I don't wish to die! ;)
Thanks!