• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Increasing bioavailability of Buprenorphine with alcohol/water

Diamorphazepam

Greenlighter
I got a few of 2mg suboxone strips that aren't going to last me so I'm trying to get the most I can out of them.

Some people are saying to dilute them in alcohol. Some are saying water is just as good. I don't understand why people put it in cotton to take it sublingually. Wouldn't just squirting it under your tongue be way better?

I might try the alcohol later but I'm desperate and lazy so I just want to know if you can easily dissolve the strips in water and squirt them under your tongue with a needle for fast absorption and BA.

But the problem is. Will suboxone strips easily dissolve in water?

Can someone test how much water one would need to dissolve a 2mg suboxone strip in. The solubility of bupe in water is 17mg/mL which means It would only need less than 0.2mLs of water if it were pure bupe but I'm sure there is other shit in the films just to piss everyone off.

As you can see from the link below, the solubility of bupe in alcohol is even greater and it may give the bupe an even greater BA than water. Maybe simply rubbing alcohol swaps may be sufficient or rinsing with mouth wash. I don't know. I wouldn't be using more than a mL of whatever beverage you're using though because I got a feeling the less liquid used the better.

I'll worry about that later. Anything is better than the damn strips. It says it takes an average of 6.6 mins but I've read websites saying u need to wait 15 mins per strip to get most of it. Meaning you would have to sit there for half an hour to take 8mg. No wonder it has a low BA. Maybe water doesn't help it absorb any better than saliva but at least it would be concentrated and wouldn't be swishing all over the place.

Anyone tried skin popping bupe? Maybe that's the only way. Just under the tongue. That'll help it fucking absorb. I don't want to be the first to try it though & I wouldn't recommend trying it. Just an idea. I'm not sure if that would put the naloxone in your system though.

Here is the original link I was reading about alcohol making subs stronger. People saying all you need is water others saying you need 1mL/8mg and have to put it into cotton for sublingual use. Nobody came to any real conclusions though the only thing we seem to know for sure is...

The faster it absorbs the better!

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-404947.html

http://www.elephantcare.org/Drugs/buprenor.htm
Buprenorphine HCl. Chemistry - A thebaine derivative, buprenorphine is a synthetic partial opiate agonist. It occurs as a white, crystalline powder with a solubility of 17 mg/ml in water and 42 mg/ml in alcohol.

http://www.buppractice.com/node/12176
Each buprenorphine film or tablet will take some time to dissolve under the tongue and absorb, but the Suboxone® film and the new, smaller Zubsolv®* tablet dissolve more quickly than generic tablets: the mean time for the film to dissolve is 5 to 6.6 minutes; for generic tablets it is 7 to 12.4 minutes, and for Zubsolv® it is a few minutes.

Toxicity of rubbing alcohol:
A group of 8 men took 2.4 or 6.8mg/kg of Isopropyl alcohol for 6 weeks without any adverse effects. I have had about 6.8mg/kg. the same.
Because is was 70%. there would have been 700mg of Isopropyl alcohol in one mL. Lets just say I had 1 gram in 1 mL well... Ive read that the probable oral lethal dose in humans is 240 ml (2696 mg/kg). that's of 1sopropyl alcohol. If anyone drank 10 shots (about 240mL) of just 100% normal alcohol. Or 20 shots (about 480mLs) of 50% alcohol shots, Id say that would kill an avare of half the people who did it. I mean all in one go not over 4 hours.
I will have to do a bit more reading because apparently its as toxic as regular alcohol which has the same LD50. But I don't understand why when it tastes much worse.

I edit this post so it is easier to read.
Basically I put Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) on a spoon but squeezing about 4 alcohol swaps. which came out at approx. 0.7mL. It was to strong to just put on my tongue so I kept adding water until it was to a point where it felt it would be OK to hold in my mouth.
I put 4mg of subzone until the spoon which dissolved with stirring.
I drew it up into a barrel and pushed it under my tongue. About a mL or more.

I noticed no difference in effect. I think to much liquid was used.

Last edited:
I didn't want to edit my last post so I could bump a warning for people NOT to use rubbing alcohol to help absorb bupe. It burns and I think it made me feel a little sick. it was 70% alcohol and I had to dilute it with water to make it barely tolerable to put even a couple of drops in my mouth anyway. So there was probably only 40-55% alcohol left. But it left a TOXIC taste which I had to rinse out with water afterwards. It's not dangerous. and will not kill you but the taste left in your mouth will make you regret it and if left for long periods may even damage your gums.
I've never tried it but DON'T use methylated spirits either. According to Wikipedia they add things to make it taste bad & more toxic so people mix it with coke or juice to get drunk cheaply from something that can be bought at the super market.
I suggest any spirits or Listerine mouthwash which is 22% ethanol which tastes GOOD and is designed to be put in your mouth.
What I made had 44% alcohol but I could only take a few drops knowing that anymore would irritate my gums while Listerine maybe only has half that amount of alcohol but you can rinse your whole mouth with it for 30 seconds leaving MUCH more ethanol all over your mouth.
I suggest rinsing your mouth with Listerine just for the suggested 30 seconds and than using the subs as usual on a normally moist mouth.

Last edited:
I believe the BA of the subs is best when it is at the point where is has JUST turned from solid to liquid. The less saliva build up the better because it is more the bupe is more concentrated. After 8 or so mins when the bottom of your mouth is filled with saliva close you mouth so all the liquid is touching the top of your mouth to and all over your mouth. When you rinse your mouth water the alcohol it goes everywhere and helps the bupe absorb everywhere.
I had this message typed out but there is an error saying my message is to short and needs to be longer than 3 characters. It worked when I copied my message and pasted it in 2 different posts im confused as to what is wrong.

Last edited:
I have what is maybe a stupid idea but in 1930 the health people outlawed acetyloxymorphone because of its increased potency linking it to heroin. So why couldnt you try using distilled white vinegar added to a little water to dissolve the pill. Does this effectively create acetylbuprenorphone? I tried it and it seems to have increased potency and i may be wrong but perhaps the Ph change has also affected the naloxone in a way that decreases its effects. Anyone with chemistry knowledge have any ideas if this idea is viable?