• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Increase effect: Tramadol + Gabapentin.

jaxs0

Bluelighter
So I'm on Gabapentin for a back injury that I take on a as needed basis. I like the calm, relaxed, tipsy, feel of it. My tolerance is low. The most I've taken in a day was 1,800mg, which was equivalent to a few shots of tequila...sorta. But mostly I'm good on 600-900 mg.

I got some tramadol laying around. Never used it. Zero opioid use background.
I was thinking of taking it with gabapentin to increase either the effect of gabapentin or the tramadol itself. The thing is, I have no idea how tramadol feels.

I'm looking to get an energetic (yet mentality calm), social, feel-good experience out of the combination.

Thoughts? Dosage?

Last edited:
Start with 50-100mg if you don't feel it in about 2-3 hours you can add another 50 mg, because tramadol stacks up in comparison to let's say codeine. Take care because there is a seizure risk with tramadol, doctors say that it is above 400mg per day but I saw friends seizing from way less than 400mg.

Start with 50-100mg if you don't feel it in about 2-3 hours you can add another 50 mg, because tramadol stacks up in comparison to let's say codeine. Take care because there is a seizure risk with tramadol, doctors say that it is above 400mg per day but I saw friends seizing from way less than 400mg.

Thanks for your input. How to stack with gabapentin though?

Take something below your normal dose of gabapentin,so if it is 600mg-900mg go with 600mg gabapentin and 100mg tramadol. What kind of formulation of tramadol do you have? Instant release or Extended Release?

Take something below your normal dose of gabapentin,so if it is 600mg-900mg go with 600mg gabapentin and 100mg tramadol. What kind of formulation of tramadol do you have? Instant release or Extended Release?
I got both
How should I take the ER and the IR?
Do I take both the tramadol and gabapentin together, or do I take one and wait for it to kick in before I take the other drug?

Last edited:
You could start with the tramadol because that's the new substance, so if you can't handle it you won't dose the gaba.

Take the IR version for now, for this dose 150mg you won't feel the ER because it releases a certain amount along 10 hours or so.

You could start with the tramadol because that's the new substance, so if you can't handle it you won't dose the gaba.

Take the IR version for now, for this dose 150mg you won't feel the ER because it releases a certain amount along 10 hours or so.

1) 150 mg all at once or stager like gabapentin?

2) If so, every how often?

3) How long till I feel it's effect? How long does it last?

4) What kind of effect should I expect from the tramadol alone?

5) What kind of effect should I expect with the gabapentin?

6) What's tramadol's effect like compared to gabapentin?

Take only 100 mg of tramadol at first, the 50 mg only after 2 hours if you don't feel it. But if you feel the tramadol don't dose the 50mg, 100mg should be enough. It will be a kind of pleasure plus stimulation, I can't describe it. But don't go over the 150 mg limit for now, if you don't feel it dose again tommorow as tramadol has a pretty long half life you will feel it almost until bed time (12 hours)

Wow! What awful feeling? I found there to be absolutely ZERO positive feeling on tramadol. I can't see how anyone would use it recreationally! All it made me feel is dazed, dizzy, slightly nauseous, anti social and extremely itchy. Never again!

yeah some people hate it, everyone reacts differently to a substance, you can try an other opioid like I said, codeine, if you don't like that either, opioids are not for you. consider yourself lucky for that because it would be a tough ride to stop liking them after. if this is your first experience with opioids, usually everyone on their first time has nausea and certain discomforts until the body adjusts to the substance. but in my experience it's just better to stay away from them, beside pleasure they won't add anything worthy to your life, mostly the contrary just fucked up stuff and wasted time.

So I'm on Gabapentin for a back injury that I take on a as needed basis. I like the calm, relaxed, tipsy, feel of it. My tolerance is low. The most I've taken in a day was 1,800mg, which was equivalent to a few shots of tequila...sorta. But mostly I'm good on 600-900 mg.

I got some tramadol laying around. Never used it. Zero opioid use background.
I was thinking of taking it with gabapentin to increase either the effect of gabapentin or the tramadol itself. The thing is, I have no idea how tramadol feels.

I'm looking to get an energetic (yet mentality calm), social, feel-good experience out of the combination.

Thoughts? Dosage?
Best not to start enjoying pentin too much.. i run out of my monthly pregabalin/pentin doses within the first week of the month rotation, but they go mighty fine with any stimulant.