European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Inconsistency in Nifoxipam Pellets

steewith2ees

Bluelight Crew
Ok, so this thread is about 18 months to late but ive come across an explanation as to why nobody could make sense of the strength of pellet Nifoxipam when it was first marketed. As some folk my remember, most vendors would sell it in 2mg pellets, but things started getting strange when one vendor started selling it in doses of 0.5mg which by all accounts were stronger than most of the other versions available. I gave up on it when, after getting fuck all from them for ages, I took what I had left in a single dose (40mg in 2mg pellets). The 40mg had less effect on me than ever.

Now I have been clued into as to why. Sprout will probably be able to make more sense of this than me as I know fuck all about biochemistry, but in summery, Nifoxipam, as a drug, is not stable when pressed into pellets, unless specific additives are used. Below is the relevant section of the original German patent, which an acquaintance of mine has translated into English:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[0017}
Moreover, the addition of preservatives, stabilizers, buffers, taste, antioxidants and chelating agents (eg, ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid) and the like. Possible. Given case for stabilization of the drug molecule set with physiologically acceptable acids or buffers to a pH range of about 3-7. In general, a possible neutral to slightly acidic (up to pH 5) pH value is preferred.

[0018]
Antioxidants suitable, for example, sodium metabisulfite, ascorbic acid, gallic acid, gallic, Buthylhydroxyanisol, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, tocopherols as well as tocopherols + synergists (substances which bind heavy metals through complex formation, for example lecithin, ascorbic acid, phosphoric acid). The addition of synergists increases antioxygenic activity of tocopherol.

[0019]
As a preservative, for example, sorbic acid, p-hydroxybenzoic acid esters (eg lower alkyl esters), benzoic acid, sodium benzoate, trichloroisobutyl), phenol, cresol, benzethonium chloride and formalin are suitable.

[0020]
The pharmacological and galenical treatment of the combinations according to the invention is carried out according to standard methods, such as are described in Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry, Volume 18, pages 151-161, Weinheim 1979.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I dont particularly understand half of that but it appears to suggest what should be used when the drug is added to any tablet type preparations for long term storage

Stee

I'm certainly not an expert but generally BZD's are more stable than marriage. The patent info above implies little to the contrary.

Bunk shite and content inconsistency would be more likely IMO.

Thats what I thought, but this has come from a NPS chemist who insists that this is the case, and that this part of the patent is most relevant to the issue. It would make sense to me as Ive never got my head around that drug. All the shite 'Foxy' I have ever brought have come from vendors whos other products have always been identicle so I cant see why they would continuously provide shit nifoxipam, despite there other pelleted benzos being consistently excellent over 2 years or more.

Here's a link to the original patent - try and make sense of it if your bi-lingual but this 'revelation' explains alot when it comes to my personal experiences with the drug. One particular batch of pellets were noted to be extremely 'sour' tasting, unusually so, and the chemist who put me onto this has speculated that the taste came from failed attempts to stablise the drug using non - standard additives.

http://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/biblio?CC=EP&NR=0158267A2&KC=A2&FT=D

'Ockham's razor' usually chops through 90% of the bullshit, but it exists for a reason as sometimes you don't know what your might uncover if you slice through the undergrowth ;)

Hey stee....hope youre well mate.

My own experimentation with RC benzos was an utter dissaster. I though it may be the answer to cope with the crippling anxiety and depression I was suffering as a result of my meds withdrawal but it certainly wasnt.

I found that id take a small dose ....feel it wasn't working....take some more then be fucked and not realise it.... Thank God I wasn't at work at the time or I would surely (and quite rightly ) be on the dole at the minute.

I tried diclaz yes but I actually found that the be one of the more forgiving. I also tried etiz, both the flubros and clonazalam. F-lam was by far the worst for sneaking up on you and fucking you up but to be honest I found they all shared that property. I'd take a bit think it hadn't worked then take some more and end up fucked with no recolection of what had happened the previous night and only to find that I'd consumed the entire pack of pills. I just found that I had absolutely no control over my consumption at all which isnt like me .....I'm usually quite disciplined. Luckily I did this experimentation during annual leave and didnt get myself into too much trouble but it could have ended differently.

They did help with the wds and the anxiety but the chaos they caused and my inability to use them sparingly meant they just weren't viable for me personally.

I found diclazepam a bit too "slow-moving" for me. Took too long to kick in, and hung around too long after its work was done. Still better than nothing, though .....

I just find with all benzos (regular or RC) that the effects are subtle and trick you into taking more only to find yourself completely fucked yet with no comprehension that you are fucked. Judgement and decision making go out the window (as does you wallet, keys, phone and anything else not tied down that it is possible to lose)

^ugh to fuck with that I like to be in control of my world glad I couldn't be bothered with benzos. They seem too self-destructive. I've seen so many Bluelighter's lives messed up by them that Imma avoid those like the plague :)

Evey