• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Inconsistencies with Hydrocodone Bioavailability

Bloodborne1

Bluelighter
I have utilized the search bar over time relentlessly, and there’s a blatant variance of answers on Hydrocodone, particularly when compared to other opiates. I find there’s a uniform agreement that you shouldn’t snort, which is because of the APAP. Be that as it may, some say swallowing them is the best option above any route of administration. On the other hand, I’ll find people suggesting that parachuting or plugging is far superior to just simply swallowing as they’re designed.

I can appreciate there’s a level of fluctuation per the individual and preferences, but surely there’s some data like the countless other medication to back up the route of administrations.

Can some people please weigh in and give me some information to suggest what the BA is for each ROA? Even if it’s not exact, I would appreciate the input since the site thus far is only making me question myself.

It is roughly 50% oral. About the same rectal

Some sources say 50/75% PO

Oddly they have just never really studied the pharmacokinetics of Hydrocodone, because until recently it was considered an opioid for mild - moderate pain

The T1/2 is liken3-4 hours

I will search for information on Zohydro, that is your best bet; although until a generic becomes available, data may be limited

Sorry about the lack of studies, however we know it is VERY similar to Oxycodone in pharmacology; just less potent, and produces Hydromorphone in larger amounts than Oxycodone produces oxymorphone, so that would keep the BA%! Around the same 50% figure that oxy has

Hit me back with any questions, there was one great article dissecting how much Hydromorphone was produced in like a hundred individuals.

Have a good one and stay safe

Absorption
The absolute bioavailability of hydrocodone has not been characterized due to lack of an IV formulation. The liquid formulations of hydrocodone have a Tmax of 0.83-1.33 h.3,5The extended release tablet formulations have a Tmax of 14-16 h.Label The Cmax remains dose proportional over the range of 2.5-10 mg in liquid formulations and 20-120 mg in extended release formulations.3,5,LabelAdministration with food increases Cmax by about 27% while Tmax and AUC remain the same.6 Administration with 40% ethanol has been observed to increase Cmax 2-fold with an approximate 20% increase in AUC with no change in Tmax. 20% alcohol produces no significant effect.”

Actually quite rate this wee site https://go.drugbank.com/drugs/DB00956

There is a lot of info about biz Hydrocodone , apparently a new drug

Interesting ...

Here is the info @PrincessDiz was referring to:

So orally is roughly the same as rectally then. How does parachuting compare to just regular swallowing? Does it just hit sooner? Or does it hit harder?

Parachuting should be the same as swallowing, most pills have agents in them that expand and make the pill crumble as it gets wet. Crushed pills might hit slightly faster but probably not by very much if at all