• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Inactive Ingredients A to Z

Why there is no rush with IV methadone

can you shoot methadone? the rectagular ones or kpins???? and do you do more, or less of the drug your used to???

It's not worth it to shoot methadone. Methadone has a high volume of distribution, meaning that a lot of it will absorb slowly, even when properly injected to a vein. It will literally diffuse into other parts of your body before making it to the brain quickly (as other injected drugs would).

This is why many people mention they do not feel a rush from injected methadone.

Those who do feel a rush, will even tell you it isn't going to be a rush that happens instantly, it will take a few minutes to fully be peaking.

You wouldn't use more with IV usage, but you wouldn't use a whole lot less either. This is the main problem, most drugs which are IV'd have at least modest if not serious BA gains - methadone already has a high oral BA.

Finally and most importantly - it is not smart or safe to inject methadone from a tablet or syrup without micron filtering (see the last link in my signature).

Because of these things, I would suggest not to IV methadone.

For clonazepam; you would want to micron filter, but you would also not be able to create a heavily concentrated solution without using an additional solvent, as it is not very water soluble. Check out this thread on benzodiazepine solubility to realize that clonazepam is just not a drug you want to be IVing.

How can you get iron oxide red out of an ambien? Any idea? If injected, how long would the area theoretically stay colored for?

How can you get iron oxide red out of an ambien? Any idea? If injected, how long would the area theoretically stay colored for?

Have you tried micron filtering? In my experience, micron filtering can slightly reduce the amount of a coloring agent getting across, but it may or may not be effective for red iron oxide (I'm pretty sure I've never had to try to avoid that with anything I've used).

Awesome. This thread is very helpful for everyone, even if they dont inject, if they have a friend who does they can always pull this up for them.

Awesome. This thread is very helpful for everyone, even if they dont inject, if they have a friend who does they can always pull this up for them.

It's still a useful guide for non-injecting drug users; sometimes people may be allergic to a certain inactive ingredient. If that's the case, they may want to find out what other drugs have the same inactive ingredient, to prevent unknowingly having an allergic reaction in the future. :)

It can also be helpful when someone may want to snort a tablet, this way, they can know what else they're snorting along with the active ingredient.

What about "Sodium Lauryl Sufate"? It's also called "Sodium Laureth Sulfate" and "Sodium dodecyl sulfate).

In Austria, there is a new Oxy-medication on the market, called "Oxygerolan". It contains Sodiumlaurylsulfate. If you want to search on Google, type in "Natrium" instead of "Sodium". Natrium is the German word for sodium.

Oxygerolan can be IVed like the original OC's which are still available in Europe. The oxycodone-hcl goes into solution and everything is fine. Great rush, super. But it contains this shit.

I read that it has haemolytic and hepatotoxic effects. Does anybody know of that shit? I read that it's also contained in "Kadian" and "Avinza", Amerian morphine-pain-medication.

What about "Sodium Lauryl Sufate"? It's also called "Sodium Laureth Sulfate" and "Sodium dodecyl sulfate).

I read that it has haemolytic and hepatotoxic effects. Does anybody know of that shit? I read that it's also contained in "Kadian" and "Avinza", Amerian morphine-pain-medication.

It is an 'excipient':

An excipient is generally a pharmacologically inactive substance used as a carrier for the active ingredients of a medication. In many cases, an "active" substance (such as acetylsalicylic acid) may not be easily administered and absorbed by the human body; in such cases the substance in question may be dissolved into or mixed with an excipient. Excipients are also sometimes used to bulk up formulations that contain very potent active ingredients, to allow for convenient and accurate dosage. In addition to their use in the single-dosage quantity, excipients can be used in the manufacturing process to aid in the handling of the active substance concerned. Depending on the route of administration, and form of medication, different excipients may be used

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excipient

Other varieties of Methadone liquids (solution, linctus, etc) from around the world, with very, very different formulations.

Methadone DTF 1mg/ml

There are several manufacturers making a green 1mg/1mL syrup based on the Drug Tariff Formulary (DTF) formulation:

Methadone Hydrochloride (HCL) BP 1mg/1mL
Glucose syrup
Green S (E142)
Tartrazine (E102)
Sunset Yellow (E110)
Parabens (preservative)
Ethanol
Trace chloroform water.
Until early 1995 most of the methadone mixture DTF 1mg/1mL was made by a single manufacturer, however since then a number of manufacturers have started producing DTF formulations. This means that, from time to time, the colour, flavour and/or consistency of the methadone dispensed may change.

If this occurs the reason should be explained to the clients to avoid them becoming anxious about the efficacy of their methadone (which is, of course, unaffected by the taste or consistancy of the liquids used to dissolve the methadone concentrate).

Doctors can prevent the dispensed formulation changing by prescribing methadone for their patients as the proprietary medicine ‘Martindale methadone mixture 1mg/1mL’.

Locally prepared methadone mixture1mg/1mL
Pharmacists preparing methadone 1mg/1mL extemporaneously commonly use formulae like the ones below:

Methadone mixture 1mg/mL per 5mL
Methadone HCL BP 5mg
Colourings
Unpreserved syrup 2.5mLs
Double strength chloroform to 5mLs

Methadone mixture 1mg/mL sugar free51
Methadone HCL BP 5mg
Concentrated chloroform water 0.1mL
Sorbitol syrup 2mLs
Distilled water to 5mLs

Sugar free and colouring free methadone mixture 1mg/1mL
There are a number of manufacturers making preparations that are:

Sugar free
Colouring free
Sugar and colouring free.
Some of these have a product licence and some are made under special licence.

Methadone Linctus

Methadone linctus is often confused with methadone mixture by both drug users and doctors. It is a generic medicine which is licensed in the UK for treating coughing in terminal disease but not drug dependence.

Wellcome’s methadone preparation ‘Physeptone Linctus’ is no longer available in the UK. Physeptone linctus is used for the treatment of drug dependence in the Republic of Ireland.

Methadone linctus is rarely used in the UK for the treatment of opiate dependence – and when it is it is often because it has been prescribed by mistake.

A typical formulation of methadone linctus would be:

Methadone HCL BP 2mg/5mL
Sucrose BP
Glycerol BP
Chloroform BP
Ethanol
Caramel BPC 1973
Flavouring IFF 1831
Purified water BP
Benzoates (preservatives).
It is usually dispensed as a clear, brown syrup-based mixture from a 500mL bottle.

http://www.drugtext.org/library/books/methadone/section3.html

In the US, the most common MMT Methadone preperation is the cherry Methadose solution. However, Mallinckrodt, the company that makes Methadose, also manufactures a sugar-free version of the oral Methadone solution which contains almost no harmful additives/inactive ingredients:

Other ingredients of Methadose sugar-free oral concentrate: citric acid anhydrous, purified water, sodium
benzoate.

http://pharmaceuticals.covidien.com...f?contentID=15861&contenttype=application/pdf

If HR were on the minds of addiction treatment professionals, Big Pharma and state legislators, this version of Methadone should be the one available for MMT due to the lack of harm from injecting it vs the standard cherry Methadone oral concentrate. But they would also not use chloroform to burn and injur addicts who choose to inject their Methadone in the UK..

How do I go about finding out the danger(s) injecting the various inactive ingredients? In particular: pregelatinized starch, lactose monohydrate, sodium starch glycolate, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate

I know what the inactive ingredients are, in the 30mg roxicodones, but am having a great deal of trouble finding /figuring out the exact amount of each inactive ingredient. If someone out there has the answer to this question I am asking, please let me know, I havent been able to find the answer yet, anywhere. Any help would be truly appreciated. Thank you