L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

In love with a heroin addict

scenegurlz30

Greenlighter
Hey everyone. I'm completely new on this site but I just wanted to share my experience on here hoping that maybe someone has a similar story and can share or maybe offer some advice for me.

Basically I met my ex-boyfriend 2 years ago when I was 18 and he was 28. I had never seriously dated anyone before, had sex with anyone, etc. We started dating very fast and everything was absolutely perfect. We were attracted to each other, very in love, had fun together, my family and friends liked him, the list goes on. Our relationship was literally perfect in every way and I had no inkling that anything was wrong. About a year into our relationship he started doing really odd things that were different than anything I had experienced with him before. He would be up all night calling and texting me saying really weird things and he would sometimes come by and sit outside my apartment in the middle of the night. He started getting extremely obsessive of me and wouldn't really ever let me out of his sight, and if we weren't together he would contact me constantly. He started doing things that were very destructive and involving me in bizarre and potentially dangerous situations in shady places. His appearance started to get weird too. His skin started turning it looked like a gray color, his hair started falling out, his teeth seemed to be getting brittle, he lost so much weight I could see all of his bones. I was extremely naive as to what was going on but my best friend was able to see that it was something drug related because her brother was on heroin for 5 years. When he finally told me what was going on and that he was addicted to heroin, he told me that he was "chipping" most of the time that we were together but after his life got more stressful he started using more regularly again. We stayed together for another month, but one day he came to pick me up at my house while high and we got into a big car accident where the car flipped over (thank god we were barely hurt) and at that point my best friend (who I live with) convinced me that it was dangerous for me to still be with him so we broke up. For the past few months I haven't been able to stop thinking about him and wondering if he's okay. He's still really in love with me and contacts me all the time and writes me long texts and e-mails, but I haven't brought myself to answer. I still have really strong feelings for him and I'm so afraid of something bad happening to him. I have tried to convince him to get help and every time I do he tells me that he is usually able to control it and has mostly controlled it since he was in high school and it was only that one binge that ended up so terribly, but I don't think that's true. I really love him and I want to be with him and never stop thinking of him, but I don't know if it's good for me to be in this situation.

ah, i've been the guy you're descibing in that post.

i'm sorry to have to tell you, but he won't change. you did the right thing in finishing with him.

no addict will ever change for anyone but themselves and the very fact he's still in denial about his problem means he's still basically fucked and wil be for a long time.

sorry if i come across as harsh, i dont mean to. try and move on. maybe consider cutting all contact with him until he's definitely sorted. you may be giving him false hope.

The same thing happened to me.

I was in a LDR (long distance relationship) for half a year with my ex, and I moved across the country to live with him.

It was not until I lived with him daily for half a year that I realized that he's an alcoholic and abuses or is addicted to opiates.

There were other issues too but I did love him; but I realized this was not a healthy relationship, and that he was not going to stop drinking or using opiates, so I broke up with him, and moved back to where I lived before.

Thanks for your reply. I've pretty much cut all contact with him, we haven't spoken since March, I've just been feeling guilty about leaving him alone while he's going through this, but I also have to look out for myself too.