• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

In getting off codeine for my injury, I think I have managed to put myself into GABBA withdrawals? Advice needed..

SilentRoller

Bluelighter
So basically, as the title suggests I think I'm in some kind of GABBA WDs and I'm shitting it. The reason I say some kind is because I don't know if it's caused by here and there valium use or pregablin.

Basically I would say over the last month, I have used 16 x 100mg capsules of pregablin to get off codeine ( not all taken daily) after an injury (I'm now off codeine) and I would say over the last 2 months (more like 2.5) I have used a total of about 28 10mg valium pills. I would like to add that during my valium usage I only ever took 10mg and would often leave 3 day and sometimes 1 week breaks in-between usage. So I would probably estimate my usage at a maximum of 3 times a week (and that's being generous). I have played about with valium here and there but always left breaks.

Fast forward to now. Over the weekend I had a session on MDMA, so my last and final use of valium was (3 days ago) and pregablin 2 days. The day after using pregablin, I noticed I would occasionally get a slight prickling feeling on my face (not very often) and sometimes I would feel it in the tip of a finger. However at present, I slept fine last night.

Fast forward to today, the prickling is slightly more frequent but not all the time. Sometimes it disappears completely for hours but I will notice it here and there. What I have noticed however is a feel super fucking emotional (probably MDMA - smashed about 400mg), low appetite and slightly heavy legs. I also feel a quite anxious especially with this mild tingling here and there. It is worth putting a noticed super mild tingling the day of using mdma but thought nothing of it at the time.

My question is - am I fucked? I'm on day 3 no valium and almost day 3 no pregab. Because of the MD and different GABBA compounds I don't know what the hell I could be WDing fromm I alternated pregab and valium when getting off codeine and I heard they didn't act on the same receptors per say. I do have pre gabs and 4 valium left but I don't want to taper as I don't want to prolong anything. I'm just worried about seizures etc.

At the start of Nov I had an 8 day break from valium and felt normal, but then used it a few times after. However I hadn't used as many pregablin by then. My worry is that I start losing the plot, or I hit week 2 and then valium WD smashes me in the face.

I feel all over the place, but also very aware I may have fucked up. I'm just hoping to wait it out and I'm still managing to go to work. I just hope mild tingling isn't the sign of seizures.....Hard to tell if I'm now super anxious due to MDMA or if GABBA withdrawal is kicking my arse. Either infrequent valium use over time has caught up with me (although my use is not even near heavy apparently) or I'm getting odd WDs from pregablin. I ended up using 16 rather than the 4 initially suggested as after doing my 4 day stint for the RLS, my eye started playing up again so I was back on the codeine for a while.

Thanks your help. This is the end of my GABBA journey. It seems I indeed fucked about and found out. I just hope it is over quickly.

EDIT: 4:40pm
This is super odd. For those wondering about my symptoms, I have:
* No tremors
* No massively raised HR (although the anxiety can come in waves)
*I'm not hallucinating

All I currently seem to have is on/ weird prickle sensations which last less than than a second which are occasionally on my face or once and a while in my finger(s). I had this slightly before taking the MD hence I am linking it to GABBA use. I will also get random waves of feeling anxious.

So I'm basically waiting to either:
a) get smashed by the Diaz WD bus at day 10?
b) Things to get much worse this week
c) Be fine in a week

All I know is, this isn't great.

Last edited:
So basically, as the title suggests I think I'm in some kind of GABBA WDs and I'm shitting it. The reason I say some kind is because I don't know if it's caused by here and there valium use or pregablin.

Basically I would say over the last month, I have used 16 x 100mg capsules of pregablin to get off codeine ( not all taken daily) after an injury (I'm now off codeine) and I would say over the last 2 months (more like 2.5) I have used a total of about 28 10mg valium pills. I would like to add that during my valium usage I only ever took 10mg and would often leave 3 day and sometimes 1 week breaks in-between usage. So I would probably estimate my usage at a maximum of 3 times a week (and that's being generous). I have played about with valium here and there but always left breaks.

Fast forward to now. Over the weekend I had a session on MDMA, so my last and final use of valium was (3 days ago) and pregablin 2 days. The day after using pregablin, I noticed I would occasionally get a slight prickling feeling on my face (not very often) and sometimes I would feel it in the tip of a finger. However at present, I slept fine last night.

Fast forward to today, the prickling is slightly more frequent but not all the time. Sometimes it disappears completely for hours but I will notice it here and there. What I have noticed however is a feel super fucking emotional (probably MDMA - smashed about 400mg), low appetite and slightly heavy legs. I also feel a quite anxious especially with this mild tingling here and there. It is worth putting a noticed super mild tingling the day of using mdma but thought nothing of it at the time.

My question is - am I fucked? I'm on day 3 no valium and almost day 3 no pregab. Because of the MD and different GABBA compounds I don't know what the hell I could be WDing fromm I alternated pregab and valium when getting off codeine and I heard they didn't act on the same receptors per say. I do have pre gabs and 4 valium left but I don't want to taper as I don't want to prolong anything. I'm just worried about seizures etc.

At the start of Nov I had an 8 day break from valium and felt normal, but then used it a few times after. However I hadn't used as many pregablin by then. My worry is that I start losing the plot, or I hit week 2 and then valium WD smashes me in the face.

I feel all over the place, but also very aware I may have fucked up. I'm just hoping to wait it out and I'm still managing to go to work. I just hope mild tingling isn't the sign of seizures.....Hard to tell if I'm now super anxious due to MDMA or if GABBA withdrawal is kicking my arse. Either infrequent valium use over time has caught up with me (although my use is not even near heavy apparently) or I'm getting odd WDs from pregablin. I ended up using 16 rather than the 4 initially suggested as after doing my 4 day stint for the RLS, my eye started playing up again so I was back on the codeine for a while.

Thanks your help. This is the end of my GABBA journey. It seems I indeed fucked about and found out. I just hope it is over quickly.

* No tremors
*I'm not hallucinating

All I currently seem to have is on/ weird prickle sensations which last less than than a second which are occasionally on my face or once and a while in my finger(s). I had this slightly before taking the MD hence I am linking it to GABBA use. I will also get random waves of feeling anxious.

c) Be fine in a week

Sorry for your troubles SR, Im all over the place in all sorts of ways so I cannot offer any real or constructive advice (you will know yourself that in the grand scheme of things, using one drug to help withdraw from another only ever results in swapping dependencies or gaining a second, the only exceptions being when benzodiazepines and / or buprenorphine are used ultra short term under 24 hour medical supervision for a planned physical detoxification from drug and / or alcohol dependencies)

Im sure someone who knows what they're taking about will still sort you out to the best of ability but being nice to see you posting for the first time in a while (I'm not saying you haven't, just that I prob missed it if so) leaving me wanting to say high, that fantastic image of yours showing the pure at of the clart reminding me of good things and being on the end of that manoeuvre personally, something I have not had the pleasure of since 2017 now.

Keep well, keep safe x

EDIT: just noticed the date of OP. gist still applies tho SR x

* No tremors
*I'm not hallucinating

c) Be fine in a week

You’ve got yourself in a tizzy over nothing. Give your head a shake and put on your big girl pants.

Yeah @SilentRoller some rebound symptoms are possible at that level, but you're by no means in the shit as far as habits go.
People get themselves worked up about a rattle and it makes it way worse, often.

Probably rebound symptoms go easy on the gabaergocs in future after a good long break and you're probably experiencing mild opiate paws