• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

in a black hole

dotingmush

Greenlighter
I read something about black holes in a national geographic magazine a couple months ago that blew my mind.
I was debating science or spirituality for this thread. It blew my mind, so i chose this

Ok so how do i put this...

Black holes are infinitely dense and take up no space. They go forever inward.
Our universe is infinitely massive. It goes forever outward.
What if our universe is just a black hole in some other universe. And all universes are contained within each other through black holes.
Its just a big web of black holes and we are falling through one right now. There is no way out until we end up in a black hole. 8o

I did not know they evaporate too, I wonder what that means. Perhaps the connection disappears and the universe becomes isolated. There are lots of theories about black holes. Some people think they lead to wormholes and other strange phenomenon. Perhaps they are all true and there are different types of black holes.

Black holes evaporate on truly extreme timescales, somewhere in the realm of 10^1500 years from now I think. They're the last things to go before the ultimate heat death of the universe. I may be mistaken about this, I'm not a physicist, but I believe their 'evaporation' occurs when the last of the gravitational forces binding them together have spread so thin that they reach an effective zero-energy state.

We know very little about these anomolies. There are so many skeptical interpretations of this world and I go through three or four a day. What if this is a test run at some other universe's university level, to assess how we behave when placed in a limited environment with a finite lifespan? What if you scaled out of this universe far enough and discovered it was just a single synapse in some creature's enormous brain?

Not to discount your idea though. Perhaps the first person to fall through a black hole without getting spaghettified will find out.

Reading about this stuff is unreal as a lot of the stuff could easily be true!!!

I wasnt aware of that, Flickering. You are right. There is so much we don't know about them.

Contemplation of this has led to strong feelings of connection, but also disconnection for me. Sometimes I've considered that I am a singularity, and I'm dreaming this/experiencing some kind of recursion/"..."/reflection of myself. This makes me feel very alone. This in fact is what makes the most sense, though. It would be my sense of self that is limited/limiting. What I am truly is more (and less? I don't know), than what I sometimes allow myself to see.

Everything is on/in/as a donut, by some idea. What we put out, we take in. It loops back around. Curves back onto ourselves. I have plenty of demons. Sometimes my demons are that I forget.

What I come to is that although I may be in a certain hall of mirrors, so to speak, experiencing myself, I'm not alone (even though I am-we all are-but I can't confirm any existence but my own).... Hmm.

And as for what I said about "evaporation" that Flickering put into some perspective, still, even those that evaporate, they are still in/as another universe/singularity, and that, in/as another, and it is all one singularity.

Maybe the pattern repeats. That we are each a singularity, while being of another. And we are so cut off from the rest, while never separate.

I have no idea. What words to use.
Nothing.

Last edited:
You're all assuming these things actually exist as claimed. I for one do not subscribe to the theory at all. In fact I find it amusing so many people choose to accept and believe in their existence, and on the other hand completely dismiss other metaphysical ideas such as entities/spirits or other dimensions existing besides the physical.

There is no real evidence to support to the notion they exist as claimed beyond mathematical musings by our (supposed) smartest minds. The fact of the matter is this; Where we think we see blackholes in space we observe highly energetic events taking place.. as in the most energetic things observable with telescopes. The energy levels observed posed a problem to our cosmological model.. there was simply nothing capable of producing this kind of energy using only gravity as the method of explanation. The entire idea of these super dense gravitational anomalies speaks for what they are.. mathematical plugs to stitch up a cosmological model that faced a problem from observable evidence and needed reforming. Instead of reforming and embracing other possibilities people at the top, for whatever reason, decided to not to. I have my own conclusions as to why.

I mean really.. take a step back for a second, discard the assumption that these experts are automatically correct, and look at what is proposed. A completely untestable and unobserved proposition that requires an object with seemingly ridiculous mathematical requirements.. infinite curvature of another equally ridiculous concept of space-time.. that in many cases actually ejects matter at pretty much the speed of light away from the poles of these objects. That last part is important.. they never predicted that feature, it was then observed, and then the theory made to fit it.

It's all nonsense. Rather than admit we don't know or embrace other ideas we've taken the bullshit option. 'Just throw a singularity in there.. no one else besides us maths experts can understand the equations anyway, we're the experts. Fuck it.'

I read that article too, it definitely made me think a lot.

I also often wonder at how much of what we think we know about the universe is actually true at all. I mean we're only just really starting to get into space exploration as a species. We could be experiencing something analogous to how people used to believe the Earth was flat because they were unable to observe any differently. The only way we are able to get information about anything outside of our solar system is to observe light with sensitive instruments that has taken years, centuries, millenia, or longer to reach us, and try to interpret that light with our current conception of science and math. The same is true for the micro scale... we have developed a theory on how matter is structured, and we're emboldened by our theory's ability to function and produce results, but we could be looking at it wrong, especially on the leading edge of the research. Some of this stuff is basically conjecture when dealing with the micro and macro universal structure.

Or, we could be right about this stuff. Or some of it. It's really pretty impossible to tell, but I still love to think about it. It encourages me that we have actually sent machines past or to all of the planets in our solar system and received photographic evidence that our ideas about the structure of it are correct. But planetary motion is a far cry from a black hole and the nature of space/spacetime.

Black holes are infinitely dense and take up no space.

Black holes actually take up "space"; they have radii and a weight which is related closely to their size. And they're not infinitely dense: they are just so dense the gravitational pull will not allow light to escape. An object of infinite density would cause serious issues with physics - namely, most everything esle would be attracted to it infinitely strongly through gravity.

Nobody knows for sure what is out there, and there is the possibility we may never. It is nice to speculate and wonder. And I agree that black holes may not exist, and merely fill in the gaps for the unknown. As of yet they are the best we have come up with to fill in the unknown though. It's right to be skeptical of experts. They are like prophets of the old times lol. They come with crazy ideas, and most of the time they are wrong. Still, if you can wrap your head around it, then i think in some way it must be true.
Before people knew what atoms and gravity were, they believed in elements. They thought that smoke rose because it was air, and ash stayed because it was earth. In essence, they were right.