• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

improving upon the rosin method

crescentry

Bluelighter
Is there any way to improve the yield and purity from the traditional rosin method? Should I homogenize the whole trim or just use the kief? What's the best combo of heat/pressure, etc. Just looking for tips, thanks!

There's lots of techniques like, pre-pressing the material into thin pucks or sheets, using kief or hash for faster/cleaner yields, and some people do multiple presses, but I would avoid mixing the first press with later ones.

As for temperature I am believer in low and slow. If you can get the temp down to like 170-180 (Kief/Hash) 200-220 (Flower/Trim) it makes a really nice product that will often "budder," but ultimately each strain and type of material will have ideal pressures and temps so experimenting is your best bet.

Also be careful when pressing kief or hash not to apply the pressure too quickly or you can get a blow out where the kief/hash will bust out of the filter and make the press more difficult and contaminate the rosin. I'd recommend applying enough pressure to let the heat melt the product for about 5 seconds and then press.