Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Importing DXM into Autralia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hh95

Bluelighter
Hey bluelighters,
I live in Australia and am planning on importing Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide for its recreation purposes ofcourse. Now im no idiot and am not just going to import a chemical that is almost structurally identical to a prohibited opiate. So I have contacted the TGA (Therapeutic Goods Association) To clarify this because there was no listing for DXM in there list of prohibited imports. So I contacted them via email with an email and they replied to me and wanted to know if it was the raw material or in a medication, what the end use is for and how it would be imported via mail or on person. Now my question is how do I reply to that, I mean I cant just reply and say because im over drinking robitussin. Is there a legit reason why an individual would be importing DXM without lining out that my intent is to get high?

Im not exactly sure if this if this breaks any rules (sourcing or whatnot) please remove if necessary :) Please also be advised im not asking for ways to circumvent Border Security or anything I simply just want to know if it is legal or not?

Just say that you're importing it because you make your own cough medicine, or that you have a condition that you can't drink regular cough syrup and that you need pure DXM.

I wouldn't do it, usually customs doesn't like that. The making your own cough medicine is probably a pretty good thing to say, you could say you're allergic to something in the syrup. I don't know it works in Australia, but in the US you just don't say anything, and most stuff gets past customs.

Just say that you're importing it because you make your own cough medicine, or that you have a condition that you can't drink regular cough syrup and that you need pure DXM.
I was thinking the same thing saying something like im allergic to ingredients in the syrups, however I know there are alternate tablet meds available by prescription so im a little apprehensive of doing so...

I suppose you could also say that it's much cheaper for you to import the pure substance than it is to buy bottles of syrup or other prepared medications. If DXM isn't illegal in Australia then it should be your right to take it however you choose. In reality, they will probably immediately suspect it's for use to get high.

And yeh well I mean one small little package out of millions what are the odds but I don't feel like going to jail for a silly risk. I wish it was just legal or illegal... the laws around DXM are soo hazy in Australia it is ridiculous!

I was thinking the same thing saying something like im allergic to ingredients in the syrups, however I know there are alternate tablet meds available by prescription so im a little apprehensive of doing so...

I'd just go with that, just say you're allergic to many ingrediants in cough medicine, and that you can only take DXM

If DXM isn't illegal in Australia then it should be your right to take it however you choose. In reality, they will probably immediately suspect it's for use to get high.
That's the thing the law is soo sketchy about this substance. I guess they would instantly think it is for getting high purposes but that's not upto them to investigate, they can only relay the law around importing it. I don't get why they need to know what it is used for.

I think im just gonna go with cyberius here and just say im allergic to ingrediaents in cough syrup, they cant investigate me for a simple query, besides the TGA has nothing to do with law enforcement/border security.

My question is this: If it isn't illegal or controlled, then why can't you just buy it there?
What's the REASON it has to be imported?
I mean, if it can be imported legally wouldn't someone already be doing it?
There must be a market for it there.

Don't say shit...just mail it to yourself.

Yeah, probably not the best idea to contact them. Now they might keep an eye on your mail (don't know how that works though). You should probably answer them now but in the future, best to not attract attention. Millions of packages probably come through every day, most stuff doesn't get more than casually looked at I'm guessing. At least that's how it seems to be in the US, maybe Australia is totally different.

no legal discussion :)

Is there a legit reason why an individual would be importing DXM without lining out that my intent is to get high?

there isn't really. unless you own a compounding pharmacy.

i have heard that australian customs are some of the strictest in the world so i wouldn't bother importing anything thats illegal or even a legal pharmaceutical without proper documentation (equivalent of a DEA license).

Status
Not open for further replies.