• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Important grapefruit question! Can anyone please reply ASAP, and TYVM :)

Bomb319

Bluelighter
Alright, here's the deal: I finally found what I was looking for at the store (I THINK) - a jug of pure, white grapefruit juice from concentrate. First of all, I would like to make sure this is indeed the best formula of the various juices to potentiate opiates (in this case, methadone). The mixture is extremely opaque and homogenous, and there are only two listed ingredients: water, and concentrated grapefruit juice. There aren't even any preservatives or artificial flavors.

Now the reason this may be so important is that I am on a very high dose of methadone - 220 mg daily (but I often double up for 440 and then miss the following day). The reason I do this is because I tend to metabolize methadone MUCH, MUCH faster than average. For example, I often or usually begin to experience the first effects only 20 minutes after taking my MMT dose (which is the Methadose pink syrup; 3 witness days and 4 carries per week). This is in contrast to many people whom I have seen claim that it may take over an hour. However much more importantly, despite my high dose (including the 440 days) I will start to experience definite withdrawal toward the next morning, well before the 24 hour mark. It is NOT psychological, as it includes objectively huge pupils (in fact, people have asked if I was on drugs who don't know about the 'done), Isweat like crazy with simultaneous goosebumps, and I even begin to have sneezing fits of 8 sneezes or more! This is particularly true if I am going outside into very bright sunlight. This symptom in particular is both revealing and very odd because sneezing always used to be a "late: withdrawal symptom for me when I banged H; normally not occuring until day 3 or 4 along with diarrhea :(

Anyway, the slight upside to all of this is that I never lose the euphoria I get from dosing. This is because my blood levels are already low enough such that I either do not develop significant tolerance, or even lose some of it if I double up then miss. The "miss" days in particular can be pretty harsh, however if I use benadry as I do every night for sleep, it certainly helps. This is where the grapefruit juice comes in:

I tried drinking 2 cups of Ruby Red 2 days ago which was all I could find. I absolutely found an enormous difference in that metabolism of my methadone was delayed by 8 hours or more! Again, there is no placebo involved here as I was quite able to use the objective signs of miosis (pupil shrinkage) as well as the lack of any ability to yawn. In fact, although yesterday was a "miss" day and it had be nearly 48 hours since my last dose (a time in which I would normally begin to feel as horrid and miserable as day 3-4 of heroin withdrawal) I was more or less fine all night and into the morning. I did not even start yawning until 4 or 5 hours before my next dose = something that up until now has been completely unprecedented.

<b>Therefore this raises a safety issue for me: if pink GFJ was so effective (but still far from perfect and certainly no euphoria whatsoever near the end), exactly how much more potent is white GFJ from concentrate? Ounce per ounce? I can't forget that 440 mg methadone is a VERY high dose for most people, and an objectively huge dose of a very potent drug. Of course I have so much tolerance to this after taking it daily for more than a year, it is hardly dangerous to me and there are still times where even 440 wears off too quickly - enough for me to actively seek out remedies like GFJ. But I don't want to die. If white juice is that much stronger and take too much of it, can that 440 suddenly become very dangerous to me?? I have 8 years experience with opiates in general and nearly that many with snorting and slightl;y less for banging. I am always very careful and I have NEVER OD'ed, despite daily use and sometimes many times per day. I just really need to know how much white GFJ I should now be taking in order to make that methadone dose at least last for that extra day into the 48 hour mark (and of course it would be nice to still feel a decent buzz from it tomorrow, although this is obviously unnecessary and I am mostly concerned with harm reduction and safety). I have already drunk about a cup of the white GFJ and do not want to take any more until I know exactly how much I should be taking (more or less). Anyone able to provide me this this info would be very, VERY much appreciated! Since I have taken my dose today (440 as usual) about five and a half hours ago, this should provide a decent insight into my blood levels of the drug; those who know their GFJ well should be able to advise me to either drink more and when, or stop.</b>

Thanks again all.

Oh yeah - another important thing is that I have been trying to reduce my stomach pH by using 300 mg Zantac, as I have heard from many people that excess acidity can greatly affect absorbed dose of methadone. Obviously GFJ introduces significant acidity, and I am not sure what the best way around this problem may be. So far, I have been taking the GFJ well before the dose so it is no longer in the stomach, keeping the methadone ionized. I take the Zantac at regular intervals too, but always a couple hours before dosing. Does anyone know if this is enough to negate that effect, or does it have more to do with the general acidity of the body as a whole, in which case it would be much more complicated and ANY amount of GFJ intake may potentially reduce efficacy???

Maybe breaking down your post to a tl;dr or formatting it better would bring some results regarding answers...

i've only heard of the grapefruit juice thing working with benzos (and tryptamines, of course. vit. C). and i used to use a LOT of fuckin junk. curious to see the info anyway (pointless reply).