• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Impatience with codeine solution evaporation

Gray808

Bluelighter
so I cold water extracted codeine phosphate from tylonol 1s and I ended up using much more water than I wanted to use because I had to separate the big clumps of binder filler and acetaminophen so the less contaminated water could actually filter. Then I resoaked all the goop and let it gravity filtrate overnight, in the morning I recrystallized any acetaminophen that may have made it trough due to temperature increase and filtered it again with my modified aeropress. Then added that to my initial filtration and there was quite a bit of water. I tried using an oven at 82c with the door cracked to evaporate it and I tried that for 2 days once overnight and it barley made any difference so instead of just being patient or getting a dehydrator I decided to use my stove top, it's electric and can go well under waters boiling point. It was working a lot better then the oven and I thought it was a pretty great idea until eventually I realized what was left in the tray was a liquid but was not water, it was my codeine and probably caffeine melted to liquid that I had been letting evaporate for like 30 minutes and worse it had taken on a golden brown color and was releasing a chemically caramel scent, I quickly turned the stove top off and scooped the resinous liquid into a pile with a razor. the pile quickly solidified and I scraped all of it out to be placed in a previously serialized mason jar. The powder had retained the slightly golden color and a faint reminiscence of that caramel smell I know that heat degradation of codeine can potentially convert some of it into quinones and some other less favorable codeine configurations and that doesn't seem good but worse is the possibility that there could have been some acetaminophen in there that could have converted into N-acetyl-p-benzoquinoneimine which is the metabolite I understand to be the primary reason for liver damage. How could I tell what might have been formed? is there any change what I made is fit for consumption?

possibly worth noting I added a few drops of gin (Bombay sapphire) to the solution during the couple days I was failing to evaporate it. some of the flavorings getting too hot could potentially have something to do with the scent or color but I am pretty shure the codeine got too hot as well