• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Impacted Wisdom Teeth surgery (What will I get during and after)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xatravunus23

Greenlighter
Hello so I went to the dentist yesterday and was told I needed to remove an impacted wisdom tooth I had.
I'm 18 and I was prescribed pain killers before, but I was wondering what they would possibly give me before, during and after the surgery. I was wondering if they would give me Oxycodone or anything stronger. Thanks for the feedback!

it all depends on insurance, doctor, location, etc. Personally when I got the surgery for 4 impacted wisdom teeth I received 20 count of 5mg Percocet and Vicodin. I was pretty lucky from what I've heard and you will likely only receive vicodin or high strength ibuprofen.

Hydrocodone and ibuprofen is very common for after the surgery. During, they'll probably give you the option between nitrous, general anesthesia, and a local anaesthetic.

It'll vary between doctors though. You should just call the office of whomever is doing your procedure.

I got ketamine and fentanyl during the procedure suprsing enough, I nearly shit myself when I heard the doctor say that hahah. Tried so hard to fight the nitrous but I was out. got a script of 12 Oxy 5s, nothing special ate them all the first day

It does vary greatly. Only two of mine were removed due to impaction. I got demerol, midazolam, propofol during, but before I was given promethazine because I get really sick after anesthesia and valium to calm me down because of anxiety. I went to a maxilofacial surgeon that practices gentle dentistry. So we discussed everything down to what would be used in anesthesia during the consult. They also tucked a bunch of warm blankets around me, which was heaven. I remember being calm from the valium and promethazine then I got warmer and my nose was itching, and the next thing I know the oral surgeon was helping me out of the wheelchair and into the car while giving my mother instructions on food to avoid and when to take my medication.

I got to pick my pain medicine, which is rare. I also got dry socket and had to have the hole reopened to get the "debris" removed and a second stitch. They packed it with clove oil to prevent dry socket, but it still happened. When I went to the one call oral surgeon he was surprised by the pain med I was given because he never gave more than Tylenol 3 unless you got dry socket. Most people I know got lortab, vicodin or vicoprofen in a 3-4 day supply. This was back in 2010.

I got all four of mine removed (impacted) in 1985 and they put me in twilight sleep for it. Afterwards, he gave me Percodan. It's hard to say what they will give you. Best way to find out is ask your oral surgeon. Sorry, I have to close this but wish you luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.