• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Imodium Dosing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markanders7

Bluelighter
How much (ideally the least ammount) Loperamide/Imodium do you need to feel it's opiate effects?
I'm on Tramadol (150-200mg, 4 x daily). How much loperamide would it take to make a noticable difference? Would 6-8mg do anything?
Large amounts of Imodium are hard to get because it costs like quite a bit for a box totalling 12mg.
If it makes any difference I also take Cyclizine.

Last edited:
Please edit out the price, because price discussion is against the rules
You'd need way more than 6-8 mg, as imodium is a P-gp substrate, meaning that it's pumped out of your brain as soon as it gets in. But high doses are cardiotoxic so don't abuse it.

The Imodium trick is something that should be reserved for people in withdrawal with no other choice. I'm already seeing it being put behind the counter at drug stores. You're not going to get high off it just really constipated...Trust me.

I was thinking of it as more a potentiator, but I probably wont bother if half a dozen pills isn't enough.

No, it doesn't affect the brain unless it's in high doses and even then it's not worth what little bit of a high you get. It won't help potentiate anything. White grapefruit juice or tagament are good potentiators.

Does nothing and I mean. Nothing atless your suffering from opiate withdrawal induced projectile diaherea

I'll close this thread for now as we have enough imodium threads
OP, if you want me to reopen it, PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.