• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Immune to Opioids?

Timetrap

Greenlighter
Hello,

I have made a really frustrating experience with the opioid painkiller Tramadol. It was also my first experience with opioids. So I started with 100mg, though that should be good for the beginning. Cilled out, listend to musik but no noticabel effect within 2h. So I took one more pill (50mg). After this changed nothing I took another 100mg and got me a beer. Time passed and I was really frustrated because i didnt notice any effect like I was told and what I read about. So I thought maybe I could enhance the chilling effect and make it maybe a bit noticable by taking 20mg of diazepam. But that didnt really happen. Instead I took out of frustration all left over pills of the diazepam and tramadol and swallowed them all. So I took a total amount of 500mg Tramadol and 100mg diazepam and 0,5l beer that day and i couldnt notice any positive effect. It actually felt like I didnt take anything at all. Could I be immune or very tolerant to this opioid or is my brain different? I dont know if its good or bad but it sure was fucking frustrating and a waste of money.

You are lucky you didn't get seriously ill or come close to ODing from this much tramadol plus the diazepam and beer. Tramadol has to be metabolized by the liver to have significant opiate effects and some people just don't have the liver enzymes capable of breaking the tramadol down.

Do not assume you are immune to opioids and if something like this happens again absolutely do not just swallow a bunch of pills hoping for effects. Also tramadol is well know. for causing seizures above 300-400mg's so do not go over this dose especially if you don't have a tolerance. You are lucky you got away unharmed from this.

Tramadol is a synthetic opiod, not very good either when compared to oxy/hydro/herion and such. And yes people have varying responses, recreational effects, from tramadol. Some get a lot out of it , some get little to nothing. But don't take an experience with tramadol to mean you are very tolerant or immune to all opioids. Tramadol is a special case.

Also IMO benzos - diazepam, tend to overpower or cover up the opiod feeling/euphoria from the tramadol. I feel the effects more when taken with no Benzo, or alcohol. IMO

I could never get high from tramadol. Regular opioids get me high just fine.

Beware of high tramadol doses and seizure risk.

Tramadol never did shit for me, it was the first opioid I took way back in my mid-teens. I remember taking 600mg and I caught the slightest buzz. I wouldn't go around thinking you have some immunity to opioids lol trust me