• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Immune to Morphine???

titsfortat

Greenlighter
Hi guys, I have a very serious question here because I am absolutely dumbfounded as to what the answer is and cant find anything on this particular topic anywhere on the net. I live in a country where the only opiod analgesics you can buy (with a prescription) is Tramadol. Now I must say that I have been quite addicted to Tramadol for the last 8 years, and at my highest point I would ingest 2000mg (2 grams) of 50mg instant release tablets every single day, but that was a few years ago and now i'm at a bit than less half that. And yes I know what some wiseguys are thinking about seizures and what not-- i haven't had any but i do get the occasional ticks and twitches which are indicative of pre-seizure symptoms. I usually would combat that with a few Benzos, Xanax in this case, and the ticks are all gone. I should state that I have never tried Heroin, Hydromorphone, Fentanyl (a few times in ER along time ago) or any other strong opiod analgesic. I'm shit scared of needles so that was never an option for me. I do however enjoy my Cocaine and I usually destroy 3-5 grams of high quality Cocaine in a week; snorting not injecting as well. Recently, I met an anesthesiologist who works at a hospital and has a tendency to sell me Morphine and Fentanyl injections (mostly Morphine) on a regular basis. At first I was excited and scared so I gradually dosed my self-- intramuscular ofcourse because a) I cant stand needles in my veins and b) i'm overweight so finding a vein is very hard, and i've tried many times with no luck so I stick to IM in my outer thigh and buttocks. The Morphine she gives me comes in a 5ml syringe filled with 3 15mg Morphine ampoules in each syringe. Since the beginning when i started injected IM (remember 1 syringe means 45mg Morphine in a 5ml syringe) I felt nothing, absolutely nothing. This phase in my life is quite recent so I kept upping the dose, which brings me to today, right now actually. I injected 5 syringes into my left and right outer thighs, one after each other, so that's 225mg in the muscle and I absolutely feel nothing, zilch, nada, kaput! I want to also mention for the sake of information that I tried opiate substitution for a year taking 24mg of sublingual Buprenorphine a day; thats 3 pills of 8mg each (with no Naloxone, just pure Bupe). I would abuse my weekly perscription sometimes and by my 5th or 6th pill I would get pretty fucked up opiate style. But I stopped the program about 4 months ago because it became too expensive because the law of the land states that in order to get the Bups I must visit the prescribing psychiatrist weekly and each visit it $80 excluding the Bupe. The weekly Bupe allowance alone costs $70, so thats $150 a week for a whole year which I eventually couldn't afford to finance as I was jobless at the time so I resorted to Tramadol again to avoid WDs. Now my question is... why the hell isnt 5 syringes containing 225mg of pure hospital grade Morphine doing anything to me. I dont even feel 1% of any kind of buzz. And for those reading this doubting the Morphine I'm getting; I say to you, I have seen here break of the ampules which I've inspected many times reading the box to make sure its really Morphine, and I've seen her every single time fill each 5ml syringe with 3 ampoules (15mg each). Is there something wrong with me? Are my muscles incapable of absorbing the Morphine? Is it the Cocaine that is negating the Opiate like effects (Tramadol+Cocaine and I still get the Tramadol kick big time). Are my opiate receptors fried? I really am flabbergasted here and cannot come up with any explanation, but I hope someone can shed some light on my situation. I spend alot of money on the Morphine i'm getting which yields no effect so you can imaging how disappointed I feel. I've tried to place canulas into several veins in my arms many many times but I was never able to catch a vein, but still, IV/IM bioavailibility are almost the same. I really wish someone can give me an answer that can shed some light to this mystery. Thanks alot. - Titsfortat

Edit: sorry about the long paragraph, i didnt intend it to be this way, i wanted to edit something but cancelled and then all the separate paragraphs merged into one.

Last edited:
Don't know what to tell ya if morphine injected directly into your bloodstream doesn't make you "feel anything". When I IV'd morphine, 60 mgs (one Actavis non-gelling 60 mg morphine IR tablet dissolved & filtered into a syringe) was usually a solid dose that I "shot for" (no pun intended?) Maybe you have some bizarre abnormality on a neuro/physiological level that prevents you from...accomplishing what you want to accomplish, I guess? Dunno what else to tell ya