• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Immigration... Proof of income

jobe28

Bluelighter
Hi guys.

Ive been trying to figure out a way to start using high cbd strains of cannabis to treat the schizophrenia i was diagnosed with. (PS moderator im not talking about drugs, i just had to mention that first..)

Anyway Ive decided I might move to Uruguay where its legal, since it seems like an easier place to immigrate to than the USA.

My questions is..
when you are asked to provided "proof of income" - does this mean you have to have a business or something in your home country that will help you be financially independent? OR - would i be able to get a job IN uruguay and have that be my source of income? (if so, how would you do that? since you need proof of income before you are even allowed in.. seems like a catch 22)

Or would the way to do it be to go there for like a holiday and then try to find a company that will sponsor me or whatever?

I could really use any advice from anyone with more knowledge on this than me. :)

I'm thinking it's similar when trying to apply for a student visa. In which case they want to see you have means of support once you're there. Like a sponsor and proof of funds meaning a letter from the bank stating how much money is in said account.

I'm not sure how it works in Uraguay. I've heard of people coming to the U.S. on visitor visas, finding work and then unable to start the job because they're not authorized to work. Then having to apply for a work permit. Dealing with immigration here can be time consuming and expensive. Then again, I'm in the states so my best advice is contact the consulate. Hope they can guide you and good luck! <3