• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction IMing Powder Ketamine (HR question)

Zapgunn

Bluelighter
i used to IM street ketamine a lot and never had any problems with it (no abscesses or anything). I’m planning on doing ketamine for the first time in years tomorrow... I was just reading some threads on here about how dangerous of a practice this can be, so now I’m a little bit worried.

I looked into getting some .22 wheel micron filters, luer lock syringes, and all that stuff so that I can filter it properly for safety, but that stuff was going to be very expensive and take forever to get here... so I gave up. I only have a gram and don’t have a steady supply, so this will probably be a one night thing.

im just going to be honest with y’all... I’m probably going to end up IMing this stuff anyways... in my defense, I got this stuff from a reliable source, it’s very good quality, when I put it in water it all dissolves and doesn’t leave any cut behind..

My question is: if I am going to IM this stuff, are there any harm reduction techniques I can use to make it even just a little bit safer? Is there any sort of filtration device I could pick up from a pharmacy or overnight from Amazon that would be better than cotton? Any HR techniques would be appreciated!

At this point would it be safer to just IV it?? Tbh I very much so prefer IM to IV when it comes to ket... but if this would be a good deal safer I would consider it I guess... IV ket is so gnarly tho

I know I've been making jokes on the subject around here recently, but your best bet would be to boof it. No needle penetration at all and the effects are just as strong and quick.

Yeah I'd did rectal let when my nose was so stuffed up I couldn't snort (ket has that effect on me) and felt it stronger. Never IMd it tho. Check BAs.

rectal BA is lower than nasal. I have also IM'd ketamine powder at least 100 times with no micron filter without issue. anyway, you should be able to get the filters at a pharmacy locally i hear. or you can get them on amazon prime pretty quickly.

What’s the dosage on IM for someone with no tolerance? And what’s the story on re-dosing? Can you IM the first one and top up with snorts?

What’s the dosage on IM for someone with no tolerance? And what’s the story on re-dosing? Can you IM the first one and top up with snorts?
I dont see why not. Id say 100mg IM would hole most people without tolerance - maybe 50-80mg for those who are sensitive to it.

Back when I first started 25mg IM was still somewhat mild, tripping but not incapacitated

@Zapgunn
Rolling cig filter should be slightly better to use than cotton.
I've lost count of how many IM shots of street k ive done, hundreds? Easily, thousands? Probably yeah. Never used a micron. Had a few sore bumps from MSG cut gear that lasted a while before going away but luckily never any abscesses!

Anyway the point I was getting to is, imo, hell yeah IV it. You'll get at least twice or thrice as many doses as if you IM it plus blood is way better at filtering shit than muscles are so it is definitely safer. Just remember how gnarly it really and be sat the fuck on the floor, ideally surrounded by pillows and wearing a helmet 😂
Good if you can have a sober sitter too!

Have fun ;)