• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

imaginary dinner party

tribal girl

Bluelight Crew
It's pretty straightforward, and I'm sure you're all familiar with the game. If not, here goes. Hypothetically speaking you can invite 6 guests to a dinner party (dead or alive). Only snag is they have to be actors, or at least part of the movie industry. You can even go as far as to describe what kinda food and drink you'd have, music, and décor. Anyhoo, who would you choose to invite and why?.

For me it'd be...

Guest #1
- Asia Argento (actor and whatnot)
Asia-Argento-Smoking-512X384-295.jpg

Why? - she fascinates me. It seems there's nothing she cannot do. And most people who dabble in this and that are only usually good at one of those things. She on the other hand seems to excel in whatever she does. She also seems like such a free spirit. Someone who totally gets caught in the moment and isn't afraid to be bold. <3

Guest #2
- Julie Delpy (actor and whatnot)
Julie+Delpy.jpg

Why? - For years I kinda disliked her for no apparent reason. I knew nothing about her, but she just seemed to keep popping up all over the place and it annoyed me. Then I saw her in Before Sunrise and I totally got it. Ever since then I've watched countless interviews and she seems so insightful, and the kinda person who'd give good advice.

Guest #3 - River Phoenix (actor - deceased)
riverphoenix.jpg

Why? - A deep thinker, who seemed compassionate and caring beyond his years. Everyone who met him said that he understood them more than anyone else ever did or could. Intuitive and caring. I'd like to see what was troubling him the most. I think he cared about everything too much apart from himself.

Guest #4 - Brittany Murphy (actor - deceased)
Brittany-Murphy-2.jpg

Why? - Bubbly and charismatic. It seemed like she was the life and soul of the party. But surely she was not as happy and content as she appeared to be. Nevertheless, I would have liked to have had a giggle with her. She seemed like a lot of fun. <3

Guest #5 - Angelina Jolie (actor)
angelina-jolie.jpg

Why? - So much more than a gorgeous face. It wasn't until I saw a very intimate interview with her that I truly began to appreciate her. All the so-called 'weird' antics she got up to in the past finally made sense when she explained it in her own words. I think she's a truly wonderful human being who's not afraid to be who she is and say, "here I am, this is me. If you don't like it...fuck off".

Guest #6 - (I have to seriously think on this one)...Corey Haim (actor - deceased)
corey_haim_retro-15pihug.jpg

Why? - when I was growing up I had all his posters plastered on my bedroom wall. Those were different times to how certain celebrities are worshipped these days. They seemed so far out of reach, and almost alien. Their struggles were a little more swept under the rug then they are these days. And when he got older and almost forgotten about, the reality of his sexual abuse became apparent during the second season of the reality show The Two Corey's. Suddenly it all made sense, and it wasn't until after his death that I started looking into his life a whole lot more. He seemed an incredibly sweet, humble person who was so thankful for praise and appreciation.

There's so many more I could choose, but who would you go for?

Six?
OK.
First. Kevin Smith. He's really given me some wonderful hours of entertainment and I did get to meet him... very gentle and lovely person.
Second Jason Mewes. He is Kevin's other kid in some sense, but their roles are reversed in the characters of Jay and Silent Bob, which I adore.
askew.jpg

Third
Louis CK. His first season of Louis is streaming on netflix and I've watched all 13 episodes 6 times. He is great. He's just a really fucking fantastic comedian in my eyes and I think his show is pricelessly written and pricelessly acted out and precisely directed by the man himself.
louis-ck-shameless1.jpg

Fourth
Jim Gaffigan. I love his comedy. I love his character in that 70s show. I've seen him live twice. He's wonderful.
jim-gaffigan.jpg

Fifth
Dave Chappelle. Never has anyone been as awesome as Dave Chappelle. I miss him a lot. I wish he was still on tv.
dave-chappelle.jpg

Sixth is Megan Mooney. I have not seen her on Comedy Central in a long time but I like her and would like to see more of her... I think she had a baby and has taken a break from show biz.
j_ccp_10_1003_09_v6.jpg

I would have it catered by Wolfgang I guess, since this is a fantasy. I would want to have weed and drink for everybody but I know Jason Mewes is recovering and I don't think Jim Gaffigan uses anything. Fuck it since this is a fantasy we would ALL be high as shit, that's for sure, and hopefully they would enjoy talking to each other and it would be a really fun, hilarious night.
HA! I've just amazed myself. This would be a dream night all right. Holy shit.

oooo, a great thread idea :D very eclectic selections! i've listed my choices by seating order, since that is important at a dinner party ;)

1) George Carlin
george-carlin400.jpg

do i really need to explain why for this one?

3) Tina Fey
tina_fey_mean_girls.jpg

she's smart. seating her next to carlin might be dangerous, but hilarious results may ensue

3) Johnny Depp
p-enemies.jpg

seems like a genuinely cool guy who doesn't let his ego spiral out of control.

4) Jennifer Connelly
connelly-jennifer-photo-jennifer-connelly.jpg

gorgeous renaissance woman, curious to see how she is when not on screen, hopefully would goad mr. depp into some interesting conversations.

4) Jean Reno
Jean_Reno_797527.jpg

seems like he might bring really good wine and cigars. always liked his subdued, low key style.

5) Kate Beckinsale
kate_beckinsale_actress-4103.jpg

someone to look at lustfully %)

Jack Nicholson - awesome guy great personality crazy
Dennis hopper - blue velvet questions
David lynch - plug his brain
Signorney weaver - just to meet her
Susan sarandon - rocky horror picture show questions
Winona Ryder - drool factor

NY style Italian heavy eatin' and wine that flows

Kevin Smith, Bruce Campbell, and George A Romero

because I'm a comic book nerd who likes horror movies

^^^Dave Chapelle and George Carlin for Sure!;)
Bruce Campbell-Rock!!!!!!!!!:D
bruce%20cambell.jpg

Im assuming dead pple can come, well it's my Evening so...Hmmm?....
1) I'd Def have to Steal George Carlin away from Thujones Dinner-party!

George_Carlin.jpg

2) Anthony Hopkins
hopkins.jpg

3)Audrey Hepburn
audrey-hepburn.jpg

4)Spike Milligan
101931_spike-milligan.jpg

5)Bill Murray
bill_murray_01.jpg

6)Susan Sarandon
Susan_Sarandon-1-Speed_Racer.jpg

Last edited:
1) Dennis Hopper
tumblr_lffbnxdrKv1qc4f9mo1_500.jpg

2)Helena Bonham Carter
tumblr_lg07exhiKN1qcz6fuo1_500.jpg

3) Christopher Walken
tumblr_lfwv5uugkK1qe474mo1_500.jpg

4)Daniel Day Lewis
tumblr_lfz6p7Fc021qapdo9o1_500.jpg

5) Kristen Stewart ;)
tumblr_lg081e8ENy1qfy2j4o1_500.png

6) Emily Watson-
tumblr_lfopjmKrK11qd3w22o1_500.png

this is a really great thread idea.

river phoenix
riverphoenix1.jpg

johnny depp
14_johnnydepp_lgl.jpg

naomi watts
images

darren aronofsky
darren-aronofsky.jpg

wes anderson
wes%20anderson.jpg

Jason Schwartzmann
jason-schwartzman4.jpg

^Oh, that's a good dinner party!
I'll serve if you're cookin'! :)

Fun! Lots of good picks here. A few I had to include on my guest list too.

Anna Karina (time warped in from the early 60s)- too many reasons.

Bill Murray- seems like a damn fun guy, but not obnoxiously so.

Christopher Walken- to give the toast. he could work on it with bill and dave before hand.

Dave Chappelle- for down to earth comedy, and the appearance of a little diversity.

Scarlett Johansson- might as well invite the most beautiful girl in the world. plus what a well suited voice for soft conversation over a glass of fine tawny.

Chloë Sevigny-- Anna probably wouldn't bring anything but prescription speed. I want some down.

and shit, what's the point if i can't re-hash the night with my drinking buddy. we can squeeze in another seat at the dinner table. and the hot-tub can snugly seat eight--where i think the quality will make up for the ratio.

We'd begin with drinks, ciggs, joints on the veranda. After a while we'd get hungry and start thinking dinner--gotta have a good base for the night. Sushi and calamari to start us off. Christopher Walken would say a few words about the night to come. Main course would be a choice between fillet topped with foie gras, or some sort of panfried white fish with a balsamic-reduction-sauce-kinda-thing. Desert would be a chocolate-based creation and a bottle of 40 year tawny. We'd sit back, talk, and pass the decanter British Naval style while we let digestion happen. For after dinner entertainment, Anna and Walken would do a little Godard/Tarantino-esque dance number--if they felt so inclined. Then we'd break out the bricks of Nati and start playing some serious Asshole. At that point we should be able to let the night take over and all have a damn good time.

Last edited: