• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Im scared, ive used cig filters to filter shots often, what can happen?

the_ketaman

Bluelighter
Ok ive been getting scared lately, ive used cigarette filters to filter solutions for IV many, many times and im just wondering if fibre-glass is carcinogenic? Will it ever be eliminated from my body and what can haapen to me regardless? I feel so stupid, sometimes I just forget until after ive had the shot. Anyway I bought a ton of cotton so I have no excuse to not be using the cotton. If it makes any difference I usually used Winfield cigs to filter with, I know not all tailor made cigs have fibre-glass in them so im hoping Winfield is one of those brands.

So please, scare the shit out of me so I never do it again!

most IV users i've known have used cigarette filters. i know they're not as effective as micron filters...but i've not heard anything about fibre glass being a problem. in fact, i didn't know cig filters were fibreglass.
i could be wrong, but i think using cigarette filters would be better than not using filters.

did you use tailor ciggarette filters or rollie cig filters?

from what i understand rollie cig filter do not contain anything harmful that can enter your body during IV use

I do not think tailor filters are so innocent

He already said he used Winny filters, and based on the limited amount of research I've done (the last 5 - 10 minutes) cigarette filters do not have fiber glass in them, they are made out of acetate cellulose, which is fiberplastic.

If you had shot fiber glass into your arm, you'd probably be pretty fucking aware of it.
That being said probably best to use cotton, just in case my research proves false ;)

Stay safe Ketaman.

K thanks for taking the time to READ and reply, still wondering what can possibly happen, might do a little bit of intensive research later on. Just before I had some H and nearly put myself in a position where id have to use a cig butt to filter but I realized and got myself home where ive stocked up on cotton buds and balls, so thankfully it was done as safely as I could.

Hope all you guys stay safe too :)

If ya can't get ahold of some sterile cotton from your local NSP then the next best thing would be some ultra/supa slim rollie filters which are 100% cotton as far as I know. They are what I always use, unless the solution requires micron filtering (i.e Suboxone/Subutex, Methadone, any type of pill, even speed if I'm mixing up a large amount and it hasn't been washed properly like most 'base' we get around here, etc.).

Even then I usually draw the micron filtered solution up through a bit of cotton just out of habit, its probably not necessary.

As far as tailor made ciggies go, I've heard all the rumours about fibreglass, etc. I've only used them as a filter when I was desperate and sick. If they aren't 100% cotton, I can't imagine they contain much that would be dangerous, though I might be wrong. Personally, I've never had any noticeable negative effects when I've used a tailor for a filter. Who knows what's going on inside though..

If ya can't get ahold of some sterile cotton from your local NSP then the next best thing would be some ultra/supa slim rollie filters which are 100% cotton as far as I know. They are what I always use, unless the solution requires micron filtering (i.e Suboxone/Subutex, Methadone, any type of pill etc.). Even then I usually draw the micron filtered solution up through a bit of cotton just out of habit, its probably not necessary. As far as tailor made ciggies go, I've heard all the rumours about fibreglass, etc. I've only used them as a filter when I was desperate and sick. If they aren't 100% cotton, I can't imagine they contain much that would be dangerous, though I might be wrong.

I wouldn't try your best never to shoot anything that hasn't been micron'd. I am still worried about the ill effects even with them.