• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Im sad eyes need help for detoxing opiates

1need help to detox

Can I use tramdol to kick and how do I do it I have no money to get anything else been useing since 13 in just turn 47 and I'm a singel mom I really ant to stop cant go to detox program please any input welcome

Quit opioids? In that case I think tramadol will not necessarily help you. Yes, it's a weak opioid, but it's quite stimulating, which could make you very nervous when you're in withdrawal.

It would definitely soften your landing, but it has opioid action itself, so you would be prolonging your WD. I don't know what your habit is like, but if its large then I wouldn't rule out using tramadol, i would try to get some gabapentin(and some benzos, although harder to source, any doc should write you gabapentin) and if your habit isn't too large then forgo the tramadol. And like FD said tramadol does have some stimulating properties, but its going to make you less uncomfortable than cold turkey.

Hi Sad eyes. Welcome to Bluelight! What opioid do you take and how much are you averaging every day? Tramadol may or may not help and has risks of its own. I know you said you don't have the money. Can you get with your county social services for assistance? If you have minor children, they should at least give you Medicaid. That way you could see a doctor who can help with getting you off opiates.

If you use Tramadol for that purpose, please keep in mind that there is a risk of seizures. If you don't have any other options, please stay below 400mg to avoid seizures. (This dose limit may be even lower for some people.)

I recently used Red Bali Kratom to kick a 100mg/day perc habit. I'm a chronic pain patient so I'm not sure how long this kick is going to last. I have Tramadols and they didn't do shit for the withdrawals, at least when keeping it below the seizure dose.

I used it a little deep into the withdrawal, about day 4 or 5 but it helped a ton and I didn't have any wds from the kratom itself. The only symptom it didn't take care of was the hot/cold swings but I felt good enough to get out and about and do what I need to do.

Now, I forget who it is otherwise I'd give them credit, someone one here does "Kratom Sunday." I might be copying them just to take the edge off the pain once a week at least.

Last edited:
We need to know what your actual, daily usage of Opioids is my friend. We need more information, otherwise we're just pissing into the wind. Tramadol is a weak Opioid with SNRI effects as well. You can only take so much before you risk a real Tonic-Clonic Seizure. Don't think that it's a myth, it happens. The most Tramadol that you can safely take is 300mg. If you have a large Opioid habit, it' probably going to help soften the blow, but we need to know about your usage in real terms before we can actually tell you what your experience might be like.

I cold turkey it and just have 4 extra sets of sheets for the bed for when I sweat them all wet. Oh, and gatorade

Hi Sad eyes:

I'm quite new here, but I am looking for help too. I have a prescription for Suboxone. I have used it long ago, and it worked great. I relapsed bc of surgery...still just an excuse. You could google for docs who write Suboxone in your area.