• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I'm on Methadone and struggle to get high on heroin. Am I better off just doing more Methadone?

the_ketaman

Bluelighter
So today I tested a theory and ended up using 5 times more heroin than I'd need if I was not on MMT and I barely if at all feel high.
I'm wondering whether maybe more methadone would be better? I have decided to up my dose on a maintenance level but can't for a few weeks.
From your experience what got you more stoned, heroin or a double dose of methadone?

Ya assuming it was decent h I think the only thing you'll find that's any stronger is likely to be fentanyl which could kill ya an then the withdrawels must be life ending as well. I had a buddy once..

Plus methadones supposed to be strong enough to stop heroin withdrawals and is basically a replacement right? So if you take a high enough dose of methadone everyday there's not much you can really do to get a good high off h that won't kill ya imo other than detoxing some and lowering your tolerance
So ya the safest way to get more effect is to increase the dose but be careful to pay close attention to how much an only do a safe amount only at a set time of day

Last edited: