• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Im not sure if im in the right spot but please help

Archer12839

Greenlighter
Hey all I'm new here although I have used the site to research random stuff for years I have a major question that I'll get too after a little back story when I was sixteen I had my first back surgery I had two more in 2012 and almost three years ago I wrecked my motorcycle and herniated three disks in my lower back again L,2/3-S,1 are basically spent so have been stuck in bed for almost three years it took me 8 months to find a pain doctor willing to help but I don't get much just four tens a day because of my "age" that's what they are always telling me although idk what my age has to do with my disability I can't find a surgeon who wants to touch me because of the previous surgery's I was 230 lbs when I crashed I gained almost 300 lbs and my family doctor wants me to have bariatric surgery which is kind of not possible because of all the classes and stuff that I can't physically do if I could move I could loose the weight no problem my question is how do I broach the topic of dextroamphetamine or something along those lines with my doctor I honestly think it would help me be able to get my life back and move without another invasive surgery I'm sorry for the run on sentence and my life story I'm just really desperate and don't know what to do

There is a 100% certainty that your doctor WILL NOT give you amphetamines for weight loss. There is a reason they stopped doing that in the 70's. Not only do they make you psychotic but they are very dangerous for severely overweight people as it puts a LOT of pressure on your already strained heart.
If you weigh 530lb then you need A LOT of calories just to maintain weight. Assuming you have a sedentary lifestyle (due to your mobility issues) you need 13 calories per pound of body weight to maintain weight. Therefore you need 6890 calories a day to stay the same weight. Try and stick to a 5000 calorie diet. Remember that is still more than double what an average man needs. If you stick to that you will easily lose 20lbs per month. 500 less calories = another lb of weight loss per week.
In fact, the people on My 600lb Life usually lose around 50lbs a month. Although they are put on a 1200 calorie a day diet. This kind of rapid weight loss is necessary to shrink your liver enough to make bariatric surgery a possibility. They also need you to lose some weight like that by yourself to prove that you are genuinely dedicated to weight loss before they will approve you for surgery.
The weight loss will also immensely improve the pain in your back (and joints...I'm assuming at your size you must at least have knee pain when walking).

There is a 100% certainty that your doctor WILL NOT give you amphetamines for weight loss. There is a reason they stopped doing that in the 70's. Not only do they make you psychotic but they are very dangerous for severely overweight people as it puts a LOT of pressure on your already strained heart.
If you weigh 530lb then you need A LOT of calories just to maintain weight. Assuming you have a sedentary lifestyle (due to your mobility issues) you need 13 calories per pound of body weight to maintain weight. Therefore you need 6890 calories a day to stay the same weight. Try and stick to a 5000 calorie diet. Remember that is still more than double what an average man needs. If you stick to that you will easily lose 20lbs per month. 500 less calories = another lb of weight loss per week.
In fact, the people on My 600lb Life usually lose around 50lbs a month. Although they are put on a 1200 calorie a day diet. This kind of rapid weight loss is necessary to shrink your liver enough to make bariatric surgery a possibility. They also need you to lose some weight like that by yourself to prove that you are genuinely dedicated to weight loss before they will approve you for surgery.
The weight loss will also immensely improve the pain in your back (and joints...I'm assuming at your size you must at least have knee pain when walking).

Sorry, your body weight has a massive effect on how drugs effect you, so will need much greater doses of opiate than an average sized person. I don't know what the 10's are (I'm assuming hydrocodone or percocet) but no way is that enough for you. A reasonable doctor would have you on a decent dose of probably Dilaudid.

I probably should have said they were percocet sorry about that they always bring up my age the "opiate crisis" and how the dea watches every pain doctor like a hawk and I live in the south and that doesn't help matters they have been trying to push a spinal cord stimulator on me but they are way to prone to malfunction they have the third highest failure rate of any medical device they have a higher failure rate than hip replacements thanks for the reply chemically enhanced I'm just at the end of my rope and I'll take any advice I can get and my knees dont really bother me its just the nerve pain in my legs that gets me

Um my doctor ( same as my mothers) prescribed Adderall AND ritalin for weight loss for my mother.. they do still do that if your doctor cares enough to do so
Bariatric was suggested and i told him to fuck himself because if you lookup the risks ... not worth altering the body for weight loss, and w my help she lost 140 pounds and is now healthy

But also, this is where i amounted so many addys aswell because they didnt seem to do the trick either.

Eat one heavy protein meal per day ( w healthies on the side) like chicken breast or some steak ( this is the diet i cooked every day for 4-5 months for my mother for her to lose weight) edit to add- the stomach shrinks aftrr awhile and youll be full WAY sooner than you used to if you do this