Im homeless and need somewhere to go

Loveistruth89

Greenlighter
I had a bad episode few days ago an my mom had me Baker acted now I'm going to hotel room that she got for me for 2 days and she told me after last day I have to go to a shelter Bluelight I need your help someone please my email address is [email protected]

sorry to hear you are having issues. what, exactly, are you asking for help with?

alasdair

Well.....im thinkin he needs a place to go after the 2 days in the hotel.
Anyway, do you got any friends around that could help? Maybe just talk to your mom in a couple days. See if you can compromise. She probably doesnt want to see you at a shelter.

Google "your city name" and homeless shelter. There's Salvation Army, and there's some drug/alcohol treatment places that will take you. Do you have insurance? If you have insurance, you can do a 30-day inpatient program and work on yourself for a month while you get yourself a more stabilized living environment. I would be happy to help.

About 7 years ago, I was kicked out because of my goddamn step-dad. My mom's house was at walking distance (took 10 minutes to get there pretty much, you could see the three towers right in the kitchen window, so I had the luxury of not getting in a lot of student debt, they would lend me 1000 dollars for 2 semesters, after buying all the textbooks, where some class required a ridiculously I'd have enough to get a sheet and I was happy this way. But no, the step-dad kept making my life miserable, he inserted himself in my and my brother's life, I think when you pick a woman who has children who are going to college (and my brother was in grade 10) you gotta accept how they are. The sigh of relief and the stress-free 2 years of may 2000 to the summer of 2002, there was no conflict in the house.

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that because I was on my own except for my dad's pension which my mother almost used exclusively for herself, when my dad was paying alimony only for his 2 kids, not her, I had 350 a month from the old man. I moved on the same street as my mom's in an apartment turned into rooms with a shared kitchen and appliances etc. and because I was not living with my parents, I had to take grants and loans, which was 40% grants...when you mess around in college not knowing exactly what you want to study, got a degree in networking/network security, but before that I did 2 out of a 4 year Chemistry program, not Biochemistry, not analytical chemistry, just Chemistry, which touched all of these subject but went much deeper than I could handle, like the year and a half before that where I was in an IT Management program for a year and a half...anyway, once I had the ball rolling for my networking degree with awesome grades for my first 2 semesters, I was still acting/saying things that were impolite to my mom and shit.

All this to say, I indebted myself by 16k (8k a year) living on the same street as my mom's house, it had the big advantage that it was directly on the corner of the intersection, so I could leave for those damn 8 am classes pretty quickly.

The only advice I can give you is try to change just for your mom's sake, make her a letter talking about the good times you likely had in the past. Don't become a vagrant, you will be the rest of your life and probably do disgusting things to get yourself some Heroin and other opiates as they make living outside's solution just to have a semblance of well-being. I hope you got friends, I gotta say I find myself lucky to have so many good friends and acquaintances in my life...being in a hardcore punk band from 99 to '08 helped a bunch, also some commerce..

Best of luck

This is the technical support forum but I felt like giving my advice, he's probably very worried and didn't pick the right forum, no biggie

I lived in various shelters for over 2 years. They're not the greatest places, but sure beat a lot of the alternatives. Strangers might help you, but they might just as well use you and possibly lead you down paths you just don't want to travel down. I stayed with thieves for awhile who threatened me for not assisting them with their crimes. Just because someone posts here doesn't certify them as honest, upstanding citizens. I'm not saying anyone here might have unsavory motives, but I don't know anyone here.
Many shelters offer pretty decent social services including drug rehab programs, help with getting permanent housing, food stamps, medical care and so on. The shelters in Columbus Ohio helped me get back on my feet. It took a good while, but it sure beat living on the streets in below zero weather.

can you check yourself into the psych ward? I really don't want you to die on the streets man. Camp inside some public bathroom or some shit. The thing about shelter is, no one will be willing to give it to you unless you got money.

I don't know. Maybe rent some public storage unit for $150/month and live there. I might be in your situation in a few months.

Well I hope he managed to get a deal with his mom. I hope he had completed high school, so he could ask for student loans (I think not many people get grants in the US, it's those scholarships I hear about, there's no such thing here. You could have a 98% average in high school and you will not get free money because of that, especially if your parents are still together and together they reach a threshold where I would have gotten NO grants and loans, because my mom and dad together made too much money, I think my dad was making 45k a year in those days, add in my mom's 22k's and we were over the edge of poverty, which was for a family of 4, 57k and change and less, in early 2000's money. Had my parents never divorced (fucking finally, it was hell to endure their stupid yelling and arguments from since i was 10 to 17) I would have not gotten any college money at all, and my dad would get angry when I was in grade 11 and the school's requirement list for me included a TI-80 graphic calculator. They were like 140 dollars back then, now they're worth 30 dollars max, but then they were cutting edge, kind of, my friend has his parents buy him a TI-83 and it was worth 300 dollars and it didn't do many things more, mostly had a larger screen. Anyway, when I told my dad he was obligated to buy me the calculator (now the government if your parents can't afford it, all have a bunch of graphic calculators they lend to the students who need em but dont have them), but yeah he was a goddamn douche, no way he would have given me money freely to pay for my college education (which is one of the cheapest in North America in this province if not the cheapest), and it doesn't mean the universities suck, universities like McGill, Montreal U, Concordia and Laval University are all very good universities, the provincial ones, which are like say University of California in San Diego etc are great too, the problem is that not all of the University of Quebec in X offer the same programs and if I wasn't pressured by my mom when I wanted to go to UQ Montreal (which is different than Montreal U), she made me feel guilty with her going "I would lose your alimony money, I'd have to send it to you every month. And it worked, the one thing I can't forgive my mom for. In an alternate universe where I just left despite her fearmongering, I know my life would have gone much better for me. I wouldn't have had that smoke weed everyday attitude, which does in my case cause demotivate me, I mean even sober I was pretty lazy but weed did more so, and although being in a band that had actual releases (2 EP's one demo cassette that sounds better than the first pressed EP), I wouldn't have gotten into smoking cigarettes, I've stopped since a year and a half and am now vaping, and I still don't feel totally cleaned out, apparently that takes 3 years and I certainly would have hung with different people, sure I would have had to make friends, but that was not a difficulty of mine, back then.

All this to say, I could have ended up on welfare and pretend my parents disowned me and would not sign anything and would not let me on their properties to get some student money. Here welfare is much better, no food stamps, you get a full cheque. My cousin who is prescribed Sativex (my god, the high from that thing) because he's got MS). I find Sativex to be a better alternative to weed, the thc/cbd ratio is the best with that inhaler looking vaporizer. He gets 1300 dollars of welfare a month, free meds, free dentist (yeah, we might have universal healthcare in Canada, but no free dentistry, that stopped for me when I reached 25, when I was booted out automatically out of my mom's health plan, it didn't matter if I was still a student, at 25, it's over.

But at least I hear its there, apply for welfare, see what happens, if your mom has allowed OP to stay until he does so and finds himself a 1 room apartment.