• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

🧑‍🌾 Gardening 🧑‍🌾 I'm getting a piece of a San Pedro cactus (DMT) in a short while. Does anyone have some advice on how to store it, plant it, nurture it, etc.?

Gardening

Psychoactive_Gardener

Bluelighter
I'm very excited and love gardening (especially when I can make drugs out of them), but I don't know much about cacti.

I live in Northern Europe and I don't have any greenhouses or growing tents or UV-lights or nothing. I could get tools if need be, but I'm generally not that rich. I generally want to keep everything quite natural, but I also want to get some effect out of it when I smoke it.

Got any advise?

Give it a southern window with no trees or buildings and it will do fine. If you are comfortible sleeping in a room then the temperature should be OK. Make sure the soil drains well and don't over water it.

Good luck !

When you feel like you need to water it DON'T.. wait another week then water it . Well draining soil is key. Cacti are succulents. They need very little water.

When you feel like you need to water it DON'T.. wait another week then water it . Well draining soil is key. Cacti are succulents. They need very little water.
Pedro will take a good amount of water compared to other cacti in the summer. If the temp is warm and the sunlight strong, you can water more than other succulents. Still less than any other house plant.
In the winter, water will cause root rot very easily. I generally don't water in winter at all. Maybe once.

I'm very excited and love gardening (especially when I can make drugs out of them), but I don't know much about cacti.

I live in Northern Europe and I don't have any greenhouses or growing tents or UV-lights or nothing. I could get tools if need be, but I'm generally not that rich. I generally want to keep everything quite natural, but I also want to get some effect out of it when I smoke it.

Got any advise?

Pot it using a base of gravel, and then a mixture of potting soil specifically made for cactuses. You can add perlite and sand, but not vermiculite.

Got any advise?
yeah, I have a couple of them growing...

best advice I can give you:
don't water them too much specially if you live in a place with enough humidity (like northern europe) where the soil is wet enough and it has some hummus

The second advice is probably the most important: if you have it in a pot it's better to transplant it to soil as soon as possible. I've had several cactus, specially san pedros and they have a bad tendency to get some kind of fungal infection, their green skin goes hard and light brown. This happens more often if they are very exposed to strong wind and specially if they are in a pot, because the roots are too exposed which is NEVER good for plants, they are made to be ALWAYS touching real soil, not plastic, not "air" (in most cases, I mean).

if they develop those fungal wounds, learn how to cut them safely and apply some food grade antifungal powder, as well as nettle slurry or horsetail extract for a couple weeks in the usual irrigation.