View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I'm doing shrooms on monday, advice?

crambaba

Greenlighter
Hi people, i got some decent magic truffles off the darknet today and plan on doing them on Monday in a park with some friends, the weather should be good and i'm just curious of what I should expect from the experience.
I've taken LSD twice, and i'd say i handled it really well. First time i did it I took 145ug by myself and had a nice trip where i watched all the awesome visuals. Second time i did 345ug and 50mg of speed, along with 48 hours of sleep deprivation, along with being in a really tense environment that ended up with one of my friends going crazy on his acid trip (He took 345ug his first time and went crazy and had to get sent off to hospital), needless to say it was the worst place to trip on acid as it involved police, tears and paramedics, but i still managed to maintain myself.

Basically, since i'd say i can handle myself on psychadelics, i plan on taking 15g freshly picked magic truffles, the strain is "Psilocybe galindoi var Georgia ATL#3", the vendor says 15g is enough for a medium dose as apparently this strain is double the strength of Psilocybe Cubensis.

I just want to know, what can i expect that's different from LSD and what i can do for harm reduction purposes. I also don't get any amazing realizations on psychadelics or speak to God, i just see cool stuff and go into some crazy mind states, the time i took 345ug i ended up in a time life and kept repeating to my friends there was two problems; "Time was going too fast and there were too many cats".

Do you maybe mean 1.5 grams? 15 grams wet would be a reasonable dose, but if they're dry, I'd think 1.5 grams would be your target. I've never had truffles, but my reading leads me to believe they are very similar to mushrooms. For your other question, IME, acid is a lot of fun, 10 hour laugh fest. Mushrooms, for me, tend to have a more spectacular, soulful, celestial and serious aspect. That being said, I'd still have trouble deciding what I like more. I guess mushrooms, simply for the mentality. YMMV! Enjoy!

Truffles are actually quite a bit less potent so I think 15 grams, while a large dose, is no where near as large as 15g dry cubensis or something. 10g truffles is considered a 'standard dose' I think, 15g being considered getting into the realm of strong. when you buy truffles though I'm not actually sure whether they're wet or dried. I'd say if you can handle 345g of LSD you should be ok, just be aware that it is considered on the intense side dose wise

Do you maybe mean 1.5 grams? 15 grams wet would be a reasonable dose, but if they're dry, I'd think 1.5 grams would be your target. I've never had truffles, but my reading leads me to believe they are very similar to mushrooms. For your other question, IME, acid is a lot of fun, 10 hour laugh fest. Mushrooms, for me, tend to have a more spectacular, soulful, celestial and serious aspect. That being said, I'd still have trouble deciding what I like more. I guess mushrooms, simply for the mentality. YMMV! Enjoy!
It's 15g wet, according to the vendor the particular strain is 2x as potent as Cubensis and 15g is a medium dose. Absolutely can't wait to do them tomorrow!

Truffles are actually quite a bit less potent so I think 15 grams, while a large dose, is no where near as large as 15g dry cubensis or something. 10g truffles is considered a 'standard dose' I think, 15g being considered getting into the realm of strong. when you buy truffles though I'm not actually sure whether they're wet or dried. I'd say if you can handle 345g of LSD you should be ok, just be aware that it is considered on the intense side dose wise
The strain they are, Psilocybe Galindoi is supposedly 2x as potent as cubensis according to the vendor and a few other sources.