Im a Pharmacist in Research checking this out..... also on pain management,,,,

Saverio1962

Greenlighter
I'm a pharmacist also on pain management legally, but am becoming more and more frustrated on the impact of governmentally mandated treatments. I am speaking with former governors, and current legislators on this matter and often am more depressed on hearing their reasoning for enacting all this new legislation with ZERO MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE. The doctor now has way too much control. On a bad day you are screwed as I recently found out first hand. I take a headache med called fioricet plain, it is NOT a controlled substance, but my doctor decided not to give to me anymore after being on it since I was 16, now I am 55. Within 24 hours I had seizures, hallucinations, pain and even more intense migraines. She will not even speak to me directly! No problems on the heavy narcs, but bummer on a shitty headache pill! She has too much power with no empathy, this is legal addiction. Nothing more than an educated and legal pill pusher attached to a great hospital. Where it once was second hand stories, it is now me!

Pay your money, get your script. NEXT!!!!

Getting discontinued off barbs+codeine combo pill is irresponsible as fuck. You're lucky you're alive. Unfortunately Canada is importing this prohbitionist ideology on prescription drugs from the United States due to the fentanyl crisis here (well... it started as the oxy crisis and then they pulled OC80s here and all hell broke loose).

Sue for malpractice? 16-55 is a devestating amount of dependence on barbs to end overnight. I also suffer from chronic migraine and really feel you on the need for some sort of medication to treat this condition at times.

No codeine in the non-controlled Fioricet. Butalbital has a fairly lengthy half life but still irresponsible. There was a push to stop prescribing it completely but how you leave long term patients hanging is beyond me. Oh, hello fellow pharmacist.

My bad, I am not too familiar with US drug formulations. I didn't realize there was fioricet with and without codeine.

It's horrific that this happens but it happened to me recently, and apparently it happens all the time. I moved across Canada a few months back and I live in one of the worst areas for overdoses. I was denied my medication (Ativan) that I had been on a high dose of for the past 4 years and went into horrific withdrawal. I ended up in the emergency room with life threatening withdrawal symptoms after about 30 hours without them. I was told by every doctor that "they wanted to help me but could get in legal trouble if they did". It's absolutely excruciating even with a 4 year dependency, I can't imagine what that must have been like after 49. They're punishing people who are seriously sick because they still think that prohibition works, and it's absolutely immoral. I'm so sorry this happened to you.