• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc I'm a heroin and meth IV user and I'm also a cutter

Satin Butler

Greenlighter
I'm a heroin and meth IV user, I've started cutting again and lately I've been getting an allergic type rash only on the same arm that I cut on. It burns the second it goes in, I stop immediately, it swells up a little, is read on the outside and white where the swelling is, stays like that for awhile then goes away. I'm pretty sure its not the dope because when I use it on the other arm no problem. So I'm wondering what this is, is it because of the cutting, if anyone else has had this, and if it's something I need to go get checked by a doctor. Here's a little more info to make a full informed answer. I've been doing all of these for a very long time off and on throughout my life, just 4 yrs ago, started shooting up, and over the last 4 yrs I was sober probably 1 1/2 yrs, not straight, I've also had mrsa, so most times about 7/10 I use new needle and everything clean , only share with my husband if we couldn't do everything in the needle, I've tried to be as clean and safe as possible, hasn't been the case a few times, we've been separated the last month, not 100% sure what he's doing so I shared once with him since he's moved out. Hopefully someone can help.

Your dealer could easily just be getting a different product or the guy he gets it from could be using a different cut but if it happens with both the glass and the smack then it's possible to have something to do with cutting yourself. Not that it's any of my concern or business and the last thing I would ever do is judge someone on here who is just looking for answers but maybe you should try to stop hurting yourself and see if you still have the same reaction. I don't and probably won't ever completely understand the thought process behind self mutilation but I've heard from people it can be a release for anxiety. Anyhow if your very depressed or find yourself becoming more and more down, talk to some people in the dark side. There's bound to be like minded people who understand that type of stuff and could maybe help you slow down with it? Well that's just my thoughts on this be safe and be smart! Try and have a good day! ☺

I dont have any rea idea or personal experience here but self mutilation is just like all of us that use drugs in a way... it's something they like to do and they keep doing it because of the way it makes them feel.... it's just like all the people who over eat to the extreme... they like to and keep doing it... we all multiate ourselves in different ways.

It wouldn't be harm reduction at all if someone didn't try to reduce the harm one does to onesself, so you can not hold it against anyone here for trying... I certainly do not, and to stop doing what ever it is your vice happenes to be, would diffently be in one's best interest

I can't help myself here and I see it so much on here, harm reduction..., please do not take offense....but i feel I would be doing a disservice here if I didn't say this... are you at least using sterile cutting implementation...and sterile bandages... no reason to not do this as safe as possible

As to the ops orginal question here, sorry I could not help

I feel the same way as Wrongguy^.

But I am not going to get into the issue of cutting with you as it is prob very complicated and your personal business.

But I do think you need to see a doctor. The reaction you described that appears on your skin, but only on one arm, could suggest some type of infection....which might explain why that arm reacts so sensitively to being pierced/cut.

If you feel like you ever need to talk to someone about...anything really, PLEASE do not hesitate to Private Message(PM) any of our moderators. I'm confident they will be more than willing to speak with you. Myself included.

We are here to HELP EACH OTHER. I hope you are doing as well as you can and that you realize the members of BL will always be here for you.

jB

Last edited:
I try to depends on how bad I feel the need for it, or where I'm at. I do clean the wounds and put antibacterial stuff on it as well.

Last edited:
I don't do them together, so its only with the heroin, I'm sorry even though I'm Hispanic and writing I feel weird using your word as I don't speek good Spanish��

I appreciate your opinion, but if I was thinking about stopping anything I'm doing at the moment it would be the drugs, not the cutting and, I'm not ready to stop any of them, mostly because of other issues. I might talk in the dark side like you suggested, we'll see but thank you

Thank you, I do appreciate you, and your advice, I do my best to be as clean as possible with everything, the cutting included, I do know I go through stages of doing this and not doing it and the way things are as of right now I don't see myself looking for help at the moment when I am ready I will look for someone, again thank you