View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Illinois Bundleweed

Scarlet100

Greenlighter
Does anyone have experience with Desmanthus Illinoensis? Do you have to scrape off the root bark? What is the best method for preparation. I prefer simple-stupid but it’s alright if it’s more involved. I would also like to hear about your experience.

I've used Psychotria and Mimosa for yage brews, I've never tried bundleweed. Isn't it supposed to have more 5-meo-DMT than n,n DMT?

I’ve heard this plant isn’t worth the effort despite what the literature says. Honestly go for Phalaris grass before Bundleweed, it’s hell of a lot easier to find too. I’ve never found and ID’ed a Bundleweed and I’ve looked quite a bit.

Better yet just order some plant material.

-GC

I have Bundleweed seed and was wondering if grinding it, growing it, anything was worth it. I don’t know anyone who has tried it only scant references.

Why not try it, and write a trip report?

I second this. You’d be doing an invaluable service to the community by growing and extracting the plants yourself.

I’d assume too seed bought online might becfrom a cultivar that has higher alkaloid content.

-GC

I think the root is the key but I am not sure. It would be nice if it were the seed since that’s what I have. One way or the other I will do and will write.

It’s the root yes, more specifically the bark if I recall correctly but you can probably do an extraction on the whole root all the same.

Think about it like this, you grow em out and not only do you have your plant material for extractions but you also get more seeds for future plantings.

I’m growing P. brachystachys right now and when done I’ll have an unlimited seed supply. Along with the supposed 3% DMT containing grass blades.

-GC