• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

if @ the beach does applying sun block lotion stop skin cancer or just stop sunburn?

sara_wifer

Greenlighter
We live in port phillip bay really really close to sunnyside north beach and so i go there a lot when hubby is at work during the day. But is it dangerous to go to the beach a lot because of the sun or does sun block stop bad things from happening?:\

If the sunblock says it has UVA or UVB protection, then it can help in preventing skin cancer, but nothing is 100%.

Haha, of all the places on the internet to ask a question about skin cancer! I'm very impressed that you chose BL :D

And yeah, use a decent sunscreen, not a cheap one. It'll never be as good as staying out of the sun entirely but it'll do. And besides, some sun is good for you :)

Just make sure to slip slop and fap!

I've had two moles cut out which ended up being melanoma..Having fair skin sucks arse.

Last edited:
Haha, of all the places on the internet to ask a question about skin cancer! I'm very impressed that you chose BL :D

And yeah, use a decent sunscreen, not a cheap one. It'll never be as good as staying out of the sun entirely but it'll do. And besides, some sun is good for you :)

We live near the beach so i better be careful i listen to music with my earbuds on the beach :)

Bluelight: We do drugs and we do dermatology.

Awesome :)

Just make sure to slip slop and fap!

I've had two moles cut out which ended up being melanoma..Having fair skin sucks arse.

Most people have fair bottoms absolutely :(

^ Zinc is good, better than sunscreen

Both sunburn and skin cancer are (usually) caused by UV exposure, but you can get burnt without getting cancer and get cancer without getting burnt. Melanoma (the bad type of skin cancer) is mainly associated with short bursts of intense exposure, like spending a day outside and getting badly burnt. The other much more common types (BCC & SCC) are generally associated with long-term regular exposure.

As others have said, sunscreen will greatly reduce your chances of getting burnt and of getting skin cancer, but won't completely prevent it. It's also a good idea for anyone who spends much time out in the sun, especially with fair skin, to keep an eye out for anything suspicious looking and to get annual skin checks with their GP :)

^ Zinc is good, better than sunscreen

Both sunburn and skin cancer are (usually) caused by UV exposure, but you can get burnt without getting cancer and get cancer without getting burnt. Melanoma (the bad type of skin cancer) is mainly associated with short bursts of intense exposure, like spending a day outside and getting badly burnt. The other much more common types (BCC & SCC) are generally associated with long-term regular exposure.

As others have said, sunscreen will greatly reduce your chances of getting burnt and of getting skin cancer, but won't completely prevent it. It's also a good idea for anyone who spends much time out in the sun, especially with fair skin, to keep an eye out for anything suspicious looking and to get annual skin checks with their GP :)

I don't have fair skin but i might be in danger because its a clothing optional beach and i wear a dress to it but i bring no bikini and i take my dress off and its scary to think that the sun is going on me directly! Hope my checks don't show anything.

i get checked by the GP every year or two.

i use SPF 30+ Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB protection, sweat resistant, 4 hr water resistant and non-greasy lotion. Great for the beach or pool i find.

i get checked by the GP every year or two.

i use SPF 30+ Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB protection, sweat resistant, 4 hr water resistant and non-greasy lotion. Great for the beach or pool i find.

Cool i think i willl buy that for sure, I might buy everything others suggest just to be on the safe side. Plus its fun to rub lotion.